· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Question Anyone ever order from here

0 Not allowed!
    I am trying to find a decent low light plant package to get my 55g started - I found this package at The Fish Place - http://www.thatpetplace.com/low-ligh...gallons-234084

I am open to suggestions on how to go about getting started with this. Really struggling with how much to buy or a good source to buy from.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

0 Not allowed!
    Found this link http://wereallwet.com/ohio-aquarium-clubs/ that has a list of a several clubs ohio. Hit up the fish club forums, should be able to find some plants locally from other hobbyists.

Also this link is useful has a database of plants which you can view by categories like light required http://plantgeek.net/plantguide.php
    Last edited by korith; 11-15-2012 at 02:27 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    I believe the site is spleen aquaticjungle.com or aquaticjungles.com, he sells very good plants. The guy has a YouTube channel "dustinsfishtanks" and he is very knowledgeable. Check him out, he sells beginner-advanced plant packages.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the links guys! I think I have located 3 nice java ferns that Kurly here on the forums has. Its a start.
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal

0 Not allowed!
    I personally would not buy a package deal. I would try to buy single plants (or bunches) that I only wanted and not what was inflicted upon me. Some plants we just don't like and others we wish we had more of. I also think package deals are over-priced.

I would check AquaBid and try to find plants that come from the same seller so you have only one shipping charge and plants will arrive at the same time. (Stay away from the sellers that ship from Asia but shop locally.) Check their Feedback, as well.

I just pulled out tons of plants from my tank and threw them in the trash. I wish you would have posted two weeks ago! Check out PetSmart, too, if you have one near you. With cold weather coming, it will not be good weather for shipping plants very soon.

0 Not allowed!
    Korith.......that has been my favorite plant site for years but for some reason, haven't been able to find it. I thought it was gone! Might have helped had I looked under plantgeeks rather than fishgeeks!

Thanks for the link!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Hobbs~

I have a petco close buy - And yes my main thing was just trying to get everything from one supplier. My second biggest question is just not knowing the quantity of plants to buy.

I have to make a trip there today for my 95lb beastly dog that is staring me down like I am his next meal if I don't get him some food

I will see what they have but I may end up with a couple fish while I am there. I should bump my schools from 5 to 7 - still a little bickering going on in the tank.
    Mike
    120g Reef Journal