· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Small predator for 20G

0 Not allowed!
    Ive decided I want to convert my 20G into a predator tank. I would like to keep my blue gourami, who is about 2.5" with whatever predator I get. I was looking at the freshwater barracudas (Acestrorhynchus isalinae), and I it reccomend a small group of them (3-5) for them to feel more conform able. Would my current tank size be too small for them once they reach there max length, here it says it is 6". if those won't work, what other options do I have?

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank is much too small for a school of 6" semi-agressive fish. Plus, I don't think that they would be compatible with your gourami. If you plan on keeping these fish, you should first consider a much larger tank and a significant amount of cover for your gourami should you decide to keep these fish together.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So if I don't have room for those, what do I have room for? I currently only have room for my 20G. I will have more room once I move out of my parents house in a year, year an half for whatever siz tank I want.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you want a predator tank, in my opinion, you should wait till you move out. Then get a huge tank and get some big awesome predators. Your gourmai is a little community fish, probably best to keep him with others with the same tempemant.

0 Not allowed!
    Already stated but predators are large fish that do not belong in 20 gallons and certainly not with a gourami.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my predator,
    i raised him from a new born in a small tank but 2-3 years it will need more space

0 Not allowed!
    Try leaffish such as polycentropsis,or the nandus group.In particular nandus oxyrhynchus,or andrewi.The dwarf bumblebee catfish can be predatory.

0 Not allowed!
    Your gourami *IS* a small predatory fish.
    20G Low-Tech|50G High-Tech Planted|50G A.crassipinnis Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted Goldfish Tank

2x75Gs coming soon

Central California

Awards Showcase

Here's my favorite! And apprently your first fish LOL! - homemadepopcorn Grapes are best when shared :-D - 850R Guessed correct Avatar! - BigPoppa Nice guess, you know your fins! - FinalJenemba Don't forget to QT this one as well, Good call with the QT tank - Cliff 
    You need more than three neons for a proper school :) - MLBfan more are needed :) - MLBfan 6... the dreaded number... 6 - PhillipOrigami 7... thats better. - PhillipOrigami slowly but surely - PhillipOrigami 

0 Not allowed!
    And so are chili rasboras if you think about it.

Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

methuen ma usa

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    if you didnt have that gourami i would say a small puffer ...
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!