- Kansas, United States
- Cultures, manga, creating comics, crafts, research, traditional musical instruments, aquariums
- Writer- unofficially...
- About Me:
- I'm an eccentric person whose best friend is my younger sister. I'm trying to get back into college for graphic design.
- Most music.
- Current favorite is Sense and Sensibility (1995 ver.)
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Johnny Depp...
- I like books that I can learn from, art instruction books, crafting books, and The 5-minute Illiad b
- Jean Gray from the original X-men animated series. Also Rogue and Jubilee.
- Not much.
- Heinz 47
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- Great info, and I can find out anything in the forums... Even before I joined!
- Lawrence, KS (Don't live there now...)
- Aquarium 1:
- 20 gallon, in it are 13 neon tetras, two ghost shrimp (one is carrying eggs), and one gold mystery snail.
- Aquarium 2:
- 1 gallon, housed my red veiltail male betta who died of his illness Saturday March 23 just after 12:00am. Even bettas can get sick.
- Aquarium 3:
- My brother has a 1gallon that he keeps a female veiltail betta in (she's perfectly healthy and full of energy. She behaves like a dog by pouting when he leaves the room.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- My little brother's is listed under #3. We have an established 3gal that is currently empty due to losing our ghost shrimp fry.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- My sis and friend really love fish, I have a phobia of certain types (give me nightmares) so we thought it would be good to do some exposure therapy and start with the not-so-scary fish. So far, I love them, especially the ghost shrimp that we named Luffy because of his adventurousness!
- Favorite fish:
- Ghost Shrimp named Luffy! Red male veiltail betta, betta in general, and clownfish.
- Fish I have bred:
- Ghost shrimp. In the process of that though. The two decided on their own really... The babies didn't make it, and the mother died shortly after the fry let go of her.
- Why I like fish::
- The ones that don't scare me, fascinate me. They have individual personalities, likes, dislikes, favorite foods, etc. And they are much like cats, give them what they need and they don't demand anything more. Plus, they are fun to watch (especially when you put something new into the tank, they are really curious)
- Best advice:
- Don't try difficult fish first off. And only take on as many as you can handle. My betta has died of his illness. My second one died suddenly. Don't give up, this happens with fish. And parents, don't tell your kid that they can have a dog if they can care for a fish... Fish die suddenly, it's not the kids fault.
- Other pets:
- Community of dogs, three cats (one outdoor, one indoor,one that goes back and forth. Our fourth one
Observer of: Shy Zoro the ghost shrimp, 13 neon tetras whom we cannot tell apart, one Gold Mystery Snail named Blaze (cuz he'd win any race), a delta tail blue betta male (Train), female betta (named Missy), a bristle nose Pleco (Play), as well as 3 cats, and a school of dogs.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Albums
- Total Pictures
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 10-27-2013 09:20 PM
- Join Date
View fjolliff's Blog
on 05-15-2013 at 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by fjolliff
on 05-14-2013 at 07:46 AM
I'm blogging a conversation that I've been having with several people about my delta tail betta.
His dorsal and anal fins have been becoming gradually ragged. I was monitoring him since I noticed his dorsal and anal fins, but then he started loosing large chunks of his tail fin! I dubbed the behavior as "The Game of Rip-It" based on a Yahoo answers response mentioning that they play "whip-it".
Anyway, here's the conversation and a photo of him from
on 04-29-2013 at 09:17 AM
Our baby ghost shrimp didn't make it. We saw some activity in the first few days, but we were supposed to see the babies by now. There is nothing.
After we had moved Luffy (the female) back into her home tank, Zoro was mating her again. Two days later, we couldn't find her at all. She either got sucked up in the tank vac or she died and got eaten by the neons...
We added java moss and hornwort into the 20 gal tank, a smaller bit of the hornwort is now in my 1 gal betta
on 04-08-2013 at 02:27 AM
Update: He just died. I don't know why. He was fine earlier, I watched youtube for a couple hours, I checked on him, and he's dead. Just like that. I don't even know what I did wrong. I think that I'm just not supposed to have bettas. I feel like I'm the one killing them somehow. So, I'm just going to do the humane thing and not get any more. Thanks for your help guys. I might pop in if we need to ask something about the tetra or the shrimp, but I won't be saying anything more about my own bettas.
on 04-07-2013 at 08:25 PM
Okay, the night before last, we took our mama shrimp out of the breeding tank. All of the eggs were gone and she had shed her skin. There was nothing on her swimmerets, so (according to other info) we moved her back home.
The babies are still too small to see with the naked eye, but we were told that they would be that way until about a week, then we would start to see them.
We got a powder-like fish food geared toward tiny babies (Hikari First Bites) and well... They
- Total Points