- Date of Birth
- June 3
- Savannah, Georgia
- Reading, Writing, Movies, Fish and of course Food!
- Freelance Writer
- About Me:
- I'm married to the love of my life. I live and work in the heart of the South. I'm a veteran of the U.S. Navy and I absolutely adore the written word.
- Classical (I prefer Vivaldi but I can be adventurous), 50's stuff, 60's stuff, Rock, Folk, a few ve
- The Shawshank Redemption, Midnight in Paris, Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil, Dawn of the De
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Hemingway, Kerouac, Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman
- Way too many books to list here. I'm such a nut about books that my tiny little house could be mis
- My grandfather.
- The Walking Dead, Six Feet Under, Rome, Tanked and anything that is an actual documentary (Not the f
- I'm most assuredly a "cracker."
- Graduated College
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- Because it contains the words, "Tropical" and "Fish."
- I claim Atlanta as home.
- Aquarium 1:
- An oddly shaped and tall 43 Gallon.
Neon Tetra (x15)
Red Minor Tetra (x5)
Peppered Cory Cat (x2)
Green Cory Cat (x2)
Oto Cat (x2)
It's "heavily planted" but all the plants except for two are fake -- though a good quality fake. A large piece of drift wood adorns the center of the tank an
- Aquarium 2:
- Standard 10 Gallon.
Fancy Tail Guppies (x4)
Long-fin Leopard Danio (x2)
Oto Cat (x2)
(I know, I know...it's overcrowded.)
- Aquarium 3:
- A small but tall 25 gallon that I'm thinking I might make my first 100% real planted tank...and maybe make it a barb tank?
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- My Uncle (who lives with my wife and I now) at one time owned the largest exotic and tropical fish store in Jacksonville, Florida. I visited all the time and I've been addicted ever since.
- Favorite fish:
- Any fresh water schooling fish has my attention. I do love my little Cory Cats though.
- Fish I have bred:
- I've never bred any intentionally. I prefer not to and always give away fry to those who are willing and capable of raising them.
- Why I like fish::
- I find the modern aquarium hobby to be oddly "Scifi" in how we can keep creatures from a totally different environment in tiny containers on display in our homes. It's also extremely beautiful and peaceful to sit and admire a well done and kept tank of schooling fish.
- Best advice:
- Do your research FIRST. And keep schooling fish in schools. They deserve to be happy and relaxed among their own kind. (I'm talking to YOU guy who purchased 1 neon at Petsmart for your new tank. ONE!? Really!!!??)
- Other pets:
- A cat named MoMo.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 02-19-2014 08:47 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points