- Biology and other sciences, music, pet keeping, video games
- Full-time Student
- About Me:
- I am just a fellow fish-keeper that would like to be a part of a forum that is about an interest of mine. One of my most prominent interests is science (mostly biology), as I am a student and keeping fish can sometimes relate to this interest of mine.
- Classical (Shostakovich, Beethoven, Sibelius, Bach, Mahler, etc.), metal (Meshuggah, Periphery, Vild
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Other fishkeepers who enjoy... fishkeeping!
- Why Does E=mc^2?
- Science Channel, Comedies (Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, etc.)
- White, Asian
- In College
- Aquarium 1:
- 40 Gal (kind of overcrowded) Tropical Aquarium. Contains a Dinosaur Bichir (5 or 6 in.), Opaline Gourami (~4 in.), Pictus Catfish (~4-4.5 in?) and the fish who (technically) overcrowds my tank: Pangasius Catfish/Iridescent Shark (6-6.5 in.). [The story behind the ID Shark and Pictus: my brother deci
- Aquarium 2:
- A large bowl thing (maybe around 7-15 Gal?) housing a single Goldfish.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- Very first fish pet was my Betta fish in this octagonal jar. At that time, I didn't know anything about fish keeping. I had this small cheap filter and cheap plastic plants. The worst thing about this setup? I also got a Pleco for the Betta as a friend! This showed that I clearly didn't know what I was doing. Another thing that was bad was that I didn't have any sort of heating as well as any beneficial bacteria for the guys.
After that went down the drain, I got back into fish keeping when my
- Favorite fish:
- Favorite fish that I myself have: Dinosaur Birchir
- Fish I have bred:
- Fancy Guppies
- Why I like fish::
- I enjoy fish because they come in such a huge variety of colors, shapes and sizes. Being able to keep various fish is just so cool to me. Fish are also very entertaining to watch and can calm the nerves and help with relaxation (my grandma enjoys watching my aquarium sometimes!)
- Best advice:
- Try to find enough time to care for your fish (for feeding and cleaning and watching!). I've had times where I couldn't - so afterwards I would feel guilty of not giving enough time to my fish..
- Other pets:
- Two African Fat-Tailed Geckos; various spiders (including an adult Giant House Spider, as well as a
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 10-11-2013 11:58 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points