- Aquarium 1:
- 55-gallon planted community
Black and white rock
Large piece of driftwood
A few large rocks to create caves
Running wave whisper filter and a jet filter with sponge filters on both(to protect fry mostly)
Two air stones and an led air wall
As far as plants: three bamboo shoots, various grasses,
- Aquarium 2:
- 30-gallon cichlid tank
Large driftwood and rocks for fish to hide in.
12 electric blue
15 yellow labs
1 pink convict(that's right, Insaid pink convict)
1 very large spotted pleco
This tank is intentionally overcrowded to curb aggression. In addition, since I have man
- Aquarium 3:
This tank is used as a quarantine for newcomers and sick fish only.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- My mother always had aquariums when I was a child. She had so many that she had to have a room just for the aquariums! I grew up loving fish and learned so much from my mother. Today, I keep the fish and she comes to admire them when she can.
- Favorite fish:
- Mollies. I love these fish. They are hands down the most happy to see you.
- Fish I have bred:
- I have enjoyed success with breeding any live bearer fish. They seem to breed when you don't want them to! Convicts and African cichlids have been the hardest for me, but I am now overstocked and enjoying a rarity in my tank::my pink convict and an African have paired up!
- Why I like fish::
- The aquarium offers peaceful company unlike any other pet/companion can. I love to watch my fish swim more than I like to watch tv. I also use the aquarium as an educational for my 5-year-old.
- Best advice:
- When setting up a new aquarium-be patient. Do not rush into putting fish in it. The stress will most likely kill your new fish, and this is what I find discourages newcomers from the hobby. Also-choose a reputable fish supply store, and NEVER purchase from a tank that contains 'floaters' or any fish that is obviously stressed out.
Fish feel pain, too!!
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 06-02-2013 02:32 AM
- Join Date
- Total Points