11-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Congratulations imma24 Well done.
12 replies | 172 view(s)
11-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the extra pictures. Ram #2 I would say is female.
Ram #3 looks more female than male but I'm not 100% sure. Could be a younger male....
4 replies | 113 view(s)
11-22-2013, 09:23 PM
I agree with madagascariensis on waiting until the new substrate has settled and the water is clear again before adding a Ram.
A nice piece of...
5 replies | 155 view(s)
11-22-2013, 09:16 PM
I have had similar experiences with Cardinals FreakyFishie. Some shipments just don't do well. I usually let the lfs keep the new arrivals for more...
36 replies | 538 view(s)
11-22-2013, 09:05 PM
You really loving it Cliff? I guess your Rough Riders play better in the cold and snow eh?
I'm happy with what we have here, snow free so far.
16 replies | 180 view(s)
11-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Ram in picture #1 is definitely a Male.
Are the GBR's roughly the same age?
I would say Ram #2 is a female judging by the rounded fins. I'm...
4 replies | 113 view(s)
11-22-2013, 08:52 PM
It's good to know there is snow on the ground somewhere. So far so good here in southern ontario. You can have my share Steeler1 if you like.
16 replies | 180 view(s)
11-19-2013, 12:40 AM
If you can keep Cardinals your water parameters will do just nicely for a Ram. My pH is 7.8 and so is the pH at the local lfs. I drip acclimate all...
21 replies | 480 view(s)
11-19-2013, 12:29 AM
Neat find Steeler1. Many years ago I was able to buy some Thai neons from a small private lfs. They remind me of them alot. I have never come across...
4 replies | 156 view(s)
11-15-2013, 12:23 AM
As long as you do your large water change my tomorrow (Friday), all should be fine.
How to keep the nitrates down; I do a water change every week...
10 replies | 230 view(s)
11-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Great read. When I read the title of this thread my first thought was someone was trying to replace the moderator "Cliff" with a computor version.
16 replies | 309 view(s)
11-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Please do not thin out your school of Cardinals. They really do well in a school of 8 or more.
From what I've read in this thread, it's the large...
12 replies | 289 view(s)
11-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the update Soot.
Be very careful not to overload your electrical circuits. I hate it when there is only one outlet for my tank. I ran...
21 replies | 478 view(s)
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I agree with KingFisher, your filters should be fine but you will want to test daily for a week just to make sure.
Are your friends arms tired from...
6 replies | 182 view(s)
11-06-2013, 01:46 AM
I agree with Steeler1, Emperor tetras outshine Kerri's. They do get a little large so make sure your tank is large enough for a school.
18 replies | 453 view(s)
- West Des Moines, Iowa
- Family, my pets, sand volleyball, and everything aquatic!
- Registered Financial Advisor Assistant
- Grease, anything '80s, scary movies
- Game of Thrones & anything by John Patterson
- My dad :)
- Game of Thrones & The Walking Dead
- At Parties!
- Live in partner
- Graduated College
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- Advice and a sense of community among people who all love fish :)
- Long Beach, MS
- Aquarium 1:
- 29g freshwater community tank with Marineland penguin 200 bio wheel power filter.
- Aquarium 2:
- 3g fry tank.
- Aquarium 3:
- I don't have a third aquarium.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- My dad and I have kept fish since I was old enough to remember, all kinds- freshwater, saltwater, you name it! So I blame my hobby on my dad ;)
- Favorite fish:
- Swordtails, mollies, angelfish, and corys
- Fish I have bred:
- swordtails (many colors), black mollies, gold sailfin mollies, guppies, silver/platinum lyretail mollies, and dabbled in angelfish a little but without much luck
- Why I like fish::
- They come in so many beautiful and unique colors and varieties and also are just interesting to watch go about their business. I also like the peaceful look of the tank as a whole.
- Best advice:
- READ UP! There is a LOT to learn in this hobby and you'll never know too much. Also to have patience.
- Other pets:
- 3 dogs: Mini Dachshund, Golden Retriever and a mutt, (RIP Stella, my dalmatian) and 2 cats.
29 gal community
sunset and golden sailfin mollies (14-15 fry born 6/12/13)
marbled and black angels
5 furbabies: miniature dachshund, golden retriever, mutt, and 2 cats :)
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Albums
- Total Pictures
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 06-19-2013 03:22 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Total Points