- Chicago, Il
- my aquariums, horseback riding, reading
- full-time grad student
- About Me:
- I'm a grad student working on a Master's Degree in Biblical and Near Eastern Archaeology and Semitic Languages. I play the bass guitar and sing, and I love my little fishies!!
- Indie rock & folk
- LOTR, movies about Jane Austen books, British dramedy.
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Non-fiction history; historical fiction; I have a dirty secret: I like harlequin-type romance novels
- The Lord
- Downton Abbey, PBS Masterpiece classics, Bones, Once Upon a Time
- Half Latina, Half Irish
- Graduated College
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- Because you guys have great articles on fish-keeping, and your forums are super informative =)
- West Covina California
- Aquarium 1:
- 12 gal Marineland Eclipse, freshwater: 3 blushing pristellas, 4 cardinal tetras, 3 forktail blue-eye rainbows, 2 little 1" long Shistura loaches, an Otocinclus, 2 apple snails, 2 assassins, 3-5 ghost shrimp (the number keeps going down!), well planted
- Aquarium 2:
- 1 gal cheapo starter tank w/airstone pipe filter, freshwater: 1 betta (whose poor fins got chomped by the bad loaches in the 12 gal!), a Neritina snail, a lady ghost shrimp and her boyfriend, banana plant and hornwart (I always want to call it hogwart!).
- Aquarium 3:
- 3 gal Marineland Eclipse, FOWLR marine; 2 decent sized live rocks, a peppermint shrimp, 2 dwarf redleg reef hermit crabs.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- My dad always had a little 10 gallon freshwater aquarium, and when I was old enough, he helped me to set up my own. I went from a 10 to a 20, and eventually a 50 before I quit for several years. I live in a dorm now while I'm finishing my master's degree, and the only pets I can have are my fish.
- Favorite fish:
- My sweet little betta =)
- Fish I have bred:
- inadvertently... ghost shrimp
- Why I like fish::
- because even though I know they don't really 'love' me like a cat does, when I see them all swim to the front of the tank as I walk into the room (I know, I know, they're just hungry!) it warms my little heart right up. I like to think they have their own little society - it's like Finding Nemo all over the place in my dorm suite!
- Best advice:
- Find a reputable dealer who really knows his stuff, stocks good fish, and won't sell you anything that isn't right for your tank. Chat with him, get to know him, let him help you out with what you've got going on.
- Other pets:
- 2 cats that stay with a friend until I move out of this wretched dorm!
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 03-04-2012 10:04 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points