- Date of Birth
- March 12, 1992 (21)
- Dayton, Ohio
- Fish keeping, sports, Call Of Duty
- McDonalds.. Police academy soon!
- About Me:
- Hey I'm Michael, recently started keeping fish, hopped from a 10g to 20g to 55 in a little over a month. Now all 3 aquariums ate stocked. I currently go to college for criminal justice.
- Whatever exists as long as its got a best and no one is yelling of screaming.
- Anything with Adam Sandler.
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Books about fish, aside from that I hate reading
- Parents. They raised me to be who I am today
- Dont watc a lot of tv, but when I do it's Supernatural or other science fiction shows
- Got GF / BF
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- To learn more and meet people like myself whom love and appreciate fish
- Aquarium 1:
- 55 gallon black gravel and background with regular lights and filter. Blue air tubing. Contains a pictus catfish and a 5" managuensis
- Aquarium 2:
- 20 gallon with drift wood and rocks, made for my two convicts to breath so my managuense can have proper feeder fish instead of harmful store bought feeders.
- Aquarium 3:
- 10 gallon, two plants, white rocks with algae growing on the back wall and rocks with one pearl gourami and a Cory catfish.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- My dad has a 55 gallon with a 10" Oscar and baby 5" managuense (female) that we rescued from petsmart, it was missing almost all scales and had about 1/5 of her find remaining. The fins won't ever grow back, but she is now happy and yellow with all he scales. I keep telling my dad that he needs atleast a 180 for the Oscar and jag, but he doesn't want to upgrade, so I'll end up taking the jag when I move out and I'll put it in its own 120, and maybe try to breed it with mine.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- I've always loved fish, I wanted to be a marine biologist hen I was younger. I've always loved water and cleanliness, so naturally fish caught my eye. I started with keeping a feeder gold fish, which eventually grew to 4 inches and unfortunately died after 4 years. Then I bought baby oscars, which both died gro ich while I was on vacation. Then I bought two rainbow cichlids that grew a few inches and then one killed the other, then the last one died 3 years later ( not sure why) now I have a man
- Favorite fish:
- Parachromis Managuensis
- Fish I have bred:
- Convicts, once.. Then Te heater died and Te water temp went to 73.. They tend to breed better around 80-82 for me
- Why I like fish::
- Their elegance, and beauty, yet their ferocity and strength. Theyre the perfect animal, maintenance may be a bit sometimes, if sudden cloudy water.. But once established that doesn't happen, just 30% changes every 3 days. My managunsis is a beautifully happy fish.
- Best advice:
- If you're not responsible, don't have a fish. You can't put a large fish in a small tank simply because they fit. Fish need exercise, and need some elbow room. Imagine a lion living in a cage that it barely fits in at a zoo, wouldn't you feel bad for it? Also, just because you have a filter doesn't mean that you don't have I clean your aquarium, just because your water is clear doesn't mean the tank is clean.. Syphon your tanks, clean the rocks; it's their home. Just because our breathing air is
- Other pets:
- Siberian Husky, boxer, 2 chahuahuas, 2 manecoon cats.
Parachromis Managuensis named Jagger. My favorite fish, bought from a low quality, dirty lfs at 1.5 inches. Grew 4 inches in the first 5 weeks. Best fish I've ever had and he is spoiled rotten.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 03-14-2012 01:44 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points