- Music Teacher
- About Me:
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.
- Scottish and Irish Trad, American folk, classical. I compose, perform, teach, and record.
- Can't go wrong with heroism, swordplay, humor, and/or explosions.
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Too many to know where to begin.
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- Friendly, helpful, lots of knowledge in the areas where I am lacking
- Aquarium 1:
- 55 gallon planted freshwater community tank. A constant work in progress!
- Aquarium 2:
- 10 Gallon planted tank in my classroom. Cardinals, harlequins, bristlenose pleco, swordtails.
- Aquarium 3:
- Does my huge irrigation pond in the back pasture count? It has about 20 huge goldfish and an unknown number of assorted native minnows and suckers (the neighbor kids enjoy sharing their ditch catches with me).
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I dream of large (150 g or more) Asia and South America regional biotope tanks, and a Wyoming Foothill Creek biotope tank. I almost know enough to pull them off now, but don't have the money or space. But you gotta dream!
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- Inherited a cracked tank when I was in elementary school. Stocked it with baby trout from the North Platte. They didn't last long, but I was hooked...
- Favorite fish:
- Yellowstone cut throat trout. It's a shame they don't do well in aquariums...
- Fish I have bred:
- Goldfish, turquoise rainbows, firemouths. Only the goldfish survived to adulthood...the others were good fish food.
- Why I like fish::
- I love the idea of a micro-ecosystem in my living room. So much better than TV.
- Best advice:
- Learn, learn, learn...
- Other pets:
- Long hair German Shepherd, a special-needs cat, and a small flock of chickens.
My computer beat me at chess, but it proved no match for me at kickboxing.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 05-08-2013 04:15 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points
- Thank you for the kind words.