- Charlotte, NC
- aquariums, gardening, the outdoors
- program coordinator working with the disabled
- About Me:
- I enjoy traveling, seeing new things, meeting new people and especially enjoy my hobby of having a healthy, beautiful aquarium.
- I enjoy all music, with the exception of the newer rap with all the cussing.
- Just about anything
- Who I'd like to meet:
- others with similar interest
- I read about anything, but one of my favorite series of books was the Clan of the Cave Bears
- Jonas of the Unit
- Survivor, Revenge, CSI Criminal Minds, and Grey's Anatomy
- Graduated College
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- information, all of which I have found to be accurate and the pictures are great.
- Gardiner, Maine
- Aquarium 1:
- 55 gal. with an Oscar, Jag, dempsey, firemouth, flowerhorn, black convict and a marble convict (all of these fish are around an inch long currently. This tank is a temporary home for them until we relocate in the fall when they will graduate to a much larger tank. I have a large bio sponge and a pen
- Aquarium 2:
- A 29 gallon with a breeding pair of dempseys. The mail is 5" and female 4". I have had them since they were less than an inch. There is a whisper 30-60 and a penguin 170 filter on this tank. Fluorescent lighting. I change approx 10 gallons of water twice per week.
- Aquarium 3:
- 10 gallon with a penguin 170 and a small bio sponge filter. Basic lighting. Heater. Two very small marble convicts. Basic lighting.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- 10 gallon hospital tank
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- I first got an aquarium thirty plus years ago. It was a 10 gallon that I put two small dempseys in, not realizing what I had for fish, but as time went on and they grew and developed into a beautiful breeding pair, I found I had fallen in love with fish. From there the hobby grew. I had numerous aquariums while living in Alaska. I love the water and find watching fish glide through the water relaxing. I could not bring my large tanks with me when relocating.
- Favorite fish:
- Love cichlids
- Fish I have bred:
- Dempsy, various tropical, Angel fish, convicts
- Why I like fish::
- Love to watch and enjoy building relationships with them. They all have interesting personalities.
- Best advice:
- Know what your fish need and keep a clean tank. You can never have too much filtration and always do water exchanges.
- Other pets:
1 oscar, 1 jag, 1 dempsey, 1 flowerhorn, 1 firemouth, 1 black convict, 1 marble convict, 2 large mystery snails, 2nd tank pair of dempseys, 3rd tank pair of marble convicts.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 04-13-2012 06:17 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points