- Freshwater fish keeping, baking sweet things, knitting, reading, and jewelry making
- Graduate Student
- About Me:
- I have loved tropical fish since my brother brought home a used 10 gallon with a gold fish. Less then 2 years later he had 5 tanks ranging from 55 to 15 gallons and gave me my first 10 gallon. I caught the bug and have been keeping fish since.
When I'm not staring at my fishes or armpit deep in my 60 gallon I am probably baking cookies or cakes for a client, writing a paper for school or snuggling with my partner and our kittens (all 5).
- thrillers, scifi, dramas
- Anything by Michael Crichton
- Live in partner
- University Degree
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- learning from others and possibly helping others as well.
- Aquarium 1:
- 28 gallon Metaframe stainless steel frame from the 60s. Tank is heavily planted, has eco-complete substrate. Currently has 1 Angelfish, 5 Bolivian Rams and 5 Corys (fish stock will be moving around soon).
- Aquarium 2:
- 15 gallon high, heavily planted eco-complete and sand mixed substrate. 1 Angelfish.
- Aquarium 3:
- 10 gallon metaframe stainless frame from 70s. Sand substrate heavily planted, home to 12 or so juvenile Bolivian Rams.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- 60 gallon tank, just set up, will have sand substrate and will eventually house my two Angels plus a few more, maybe some Keyholes and my Male Bolivian Rams
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- Its my older brothers fault.
- Favorite fish:
- Bolivian Rams currently but Angelfish are a close second
- Fish I have bred:
- Guppies, Bolivian Rams
- Why I like fish::
- they are calming, they are also very interesting animals. I also love breeding them and watching the fry grow into adults.
- Best advice:
- Fully understand the Nitrogen Cycle and remember water changes and fish compatibility (both tank size and tank mates).
- Other pets:
- 5 kittens, we adopt cats that are differently-abled.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 03-11-2011 07:28 AM
- Join Date
- Total Points