About Babbling Brooke
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- My dog, genealogy, tropical fish, ancient history and reading
- Taking care of my dog, retired (me, not him)
- About Me:
- My first experience was when my father bought me a tank when I was about 5; been hooked ever since; even helped start "The Schuylkill Valley Aquarium Society" about 1958. Just starting up again to join my daughter and grandson (who learned from me about tropical fish) with a couple of new tanks. My dog, Shadow, loves to watch them and occasionally will try to jump through the glass. He recognizes when we enter the pet store and stands up in the cart to see his fish buddies.
- Celtic Thunder, Roy Clark & his guitar (Maleguena) and the music from the 70's. Classical too.
- Jaws, Fiddler on the Roof, SciFi movies & horror movies too.
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Roy Clark & all the Celtic Thunder singers, Topol and Mac Davis, Rod McKuen and Sean Connery.
- Historical novels and books about the history of early humans and the Knights Templar.
- I'm not sure I have one but I do admire and respect the late Katherine Hepburn.
- Nat Geo documentaries, NCIS, CSI, etc. paranormal programs, not much else.
- Scottish, English, Hungarian, German, Dutch, French, Belgian, Welsh, Irish, Italian, African America
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- They are beautiful and do wonders for my high blood pressure.
- B. Niagara Falls, R. Norristown, PA.
- Aquarium 1:
- 10 Gal. just started to hold the 20 or so baby mollies born last week.
- Aquarium 2:
- 2nd one is still empty (Christmas present from my grandson) while Ifigure out where to put it in my bedroom.
- Aquarium 3:
- I don't have a third aquarium. Not yet.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- My father bought the first tank when I was about 5 years old. Been hooked ever since.
- Favorite fish:
- Mikrogeophagus ramirezi & kuhli loaches.
- Fish I have bred:
- Bettas and I think besides the live bearers I might have done the checkerboard barbs. The grandson bred corydorus aneus within weeks of setting up his first tank before he was 10. Totally amazing.
- Why I like fish::
- The pure beauty and serenity they give me.
- Best advice:
- Develop patience and sit and watch them frequently. It will make you a better person.
- Other pets:
- My beloved Pomeranian, Shadow, whom I met at the SPCA and knew immediately he was my dog. Or I am h
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 01-31-2011 11:52 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points