- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- Aquarium 1:
- 75 gallon Oranda tank. Filter is a Fluval 405, I use ammonia, carbon, biomax, clearmax, sponges, and polishing pads for media. The back wall is lined with bubble wands and has a powerhead for added aeration and circulation.
2" of gravel plus toys.
- Aquarium 2:
- 20 gallon Oranda tank.
Fluval 205 with same media as above minus polishing pads.
No power head as these guys have bred recently and are still small.
They have a bubble wand in the middle of the tank with fake and real plants as with a rock to hide in. Gravel is just enough to cover the bottom.
- Aquarium 3:
- Don't have a 3rd tank....yet
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- Got some fish at the fair and had them in a bowl, when they got bigger they got a tank. They did not live long. I found a lionhead at petsmart and wound up falling in love with Oranda's. I did my research and still do.
- Favorite fish:
- Oranda, Ranch, and Koi
- Fish I have bred:
- I had purchased two black oranda this January and they surprised me with babies in late March and April.
- Why I like fish::
- Fish are a lot of work and stress, but they are so full of personality and love they make it all worth it.
- Best advice:
- Research, research, research! Fish are not easy to care for and need a lot more than just a little bowl. Ask questions and know what you are getting into.
Must have credit card :)
They are expensive! But so worth it!
- Other pets:
- 3 cats and 1 dog
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 05-17-2010 07:23 AM
- Join Date
- Total Points