- Anchorage, Alaska
- tropical fishkeeping
- About Me:
- Animal lover. All kinds!
- Pop, R&B, country, and more.
- Drama, suspense, science fiction, horror, psychological thrillers...no romantic comedies!
- Who I'd like to meet:
- President Obama, Mick Jagger, Ingrid Newkirk.
- Memoirs, biographies, nonfiction
- Ingrid Newkirk
- National Geographic, Discovery, Learning, Animal Planet, and Desperate Housewives.
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- Fish are fascinating. There is no aquarium club in my locale, and I have no one to discuss them with
- Aquarium 1:
- 92 gallon corner. 4 discus, 6 rummy nose tetra, 1 red tail shark (Lurk), and 1 Colombian zebra pleco (Falcone).
- Aquarium 2:
- 46 gallon bow. 12 danios, 1 Pakistani yo yo loach (Babu), and 1 albino golden bushynose pleco (Lola).
- Aquarium 3:
- 29 gal. About 10 red cherry shrimp, 3 amano shrimp, 2 gold tetras, 4 julii and 8 panda corydoras.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- Eight years ago a very dear friend passed away suddenly. When her landlord allowed us inside her home 3 weeks later, her two tanks of guppies & goldfish were running low on water and really reeked. We put the fish & tanks in the back of our SUV, rolled down the windows, & took them home, knowing nothing. Several hundred dollars later, I was hooked, so to speak.
- Favorite fish:
- That's hard. I guess my discus.
- Fish I have bred:
- Why I like fish::
- They are amazing, with an environment so different than ours. If you really watch their habits, they have individual personalities. And just like everybody, they're just trying to survive.
- Best advice:
- Be as kind as you can by furnishing your fish with a biotope as close to what they would have naturally as you can, and with compatible tankmates. And don't overstock!
- Other pets:
- 2 dogs - a boxer and a toy poodle, & 2 kitties.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 03-10-2010 07:37 AM
- Join Date
- Total Points