- fish, aquatic plants, knitting, crochet, art, comics, Harry Potter, Godzilla
- artist for Trader Joe's
- About Me:
- I'm a single mother, working hard in Minnesota, spend most of my spare time either playing with fishies, growing plants, drawing, or doing some kind of knitting or crochet. I work for Trader Joe's as an artist, but I also do freelance design, murals, illustration, and I've been known to do an aquarium backdrop or three. ^_~
My curent favorite kinds of fish are danios and tetras. Esp. black neon tetras and Zebra/golden danios. They're both great for singing the "swim, swim, swim little fishie
- I love alternative rock, especially local music from the Twin Cities, and music from Canada. Some of
- I love Monster movies, especially Godzilla, and mysteries and adventures. I did very much like Angel
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Other people like me?
- I don't really watch TV. I'm watching my way through Dark Shadows on youtube, though. Oh, Quentin, y
- University Degree
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- I have tropical fish, and I like being in communities of people with the same hobbies. Also, I think
- Aquarium 1:
- 40-gallon old old aquarium (thick glass), gravelly sand bottom with rocks, a large castle, a couple of other little ornaments, and currently a couple of plastic plants. Although the real plants will go back as soon as ich treatment is finished.
- Aquarium 2:
- quarantine tank. Not very elaborate. Just a 10-gallon running a filter with a couple of plastic plants and a big rock in it. :P
- Aquarium 3:
- Plant recovery tank. I put plants in here to grow them when they need help. It's in front of my SAD light, so they get tons and tons of light. I can also put in plant food and it doesn't matter if the water is yellowed by the food. :D
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- I used to have them when I was a kid. The 40-gal is actually from the 70's, can you believe it? Yup, it's the one that was in our dining room when I was growing up. Amazing.
- Favorite fish:
- right now, Black neon tetras. Although I do love my danios
- Fish I have bred:
- Just the platys. I want to try to breed Danios, but I need to get another tank first.
- Why I like fish::
- They're therapeutic, energetic, peaceful, and amazingly enough, they have such amazing personalities.
- Best advice:
- Two things:
Don't overstock!!!! (should be the cardinal rule)
Don't feel bad if you kill a few fish. We all make mistakes. Just learn from them, and try not to make the same ones again.
- Other pets:
I have a sig! (Amazing) So, what am I running?
Currently: 40g community with 4 zebra danios, 3 golden skirted danios, 4 black neon tetras, 6 white hifin blushing tetras, 6 platys, and a chocolate pleco refugee;
10g fry tank with platy fry (and roughly a krillion, brillion, ho-jillion snails);
10g vertical hex tank (cycling with lots of plants)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 01-22-2010 11:09 AM
- Join Date
- Number of Photos
- Number of Comments
- Number of times photos viewed
- Disk space used
- Last Photo Uploaded
- Last Comment Posted
- Total Points
- hang in there - it'll get better
- Do bananas go with fries? LOL