- bettas, gardening, horses
- About Me:
- I have a beautiful daughter, Lilly, who is 9 months old and my life currently revolves around her. Of course I make time to care for my zoo crew and my gardens.
- country, random tunes.
- grumpy old men
- Who I'd like to meet:
- Jack Lemon. I know, I'm too late.
- East of Eden is my favorite but I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on.
- My mom. She's a tough one.
- Secret Life of an American Teenager.
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- researching tips on breeding bettas.
- Warren, Michigan
- Aquarium 1:
- Bogo's Kingdom. Bogo is my 12 year old red blood parrot. The sign in his 30 gallon tank that reads "trespassers will be eaten" is not simply a decoration. :) Bogo is happy to live in solitude as long as he's surrounded by his human companions, me and my daughter.
- Aquarium 2:
- Lilly's goldfish tank. Right now the only occupant is "Adah" (yes, my 9 month old daughter named her own goldfish. Baba went bye-bye. :(
- Aquarium 3:
- The Betta Empire, each in their own 2-3 gallon tanks:
Starlight, Alex, Brooklyn, Merlin, Bruno, Crystal, and Rosy. Merlin is the oldest, I've had him for 4 years, and Bruno is my newest male. The girls I just purchased this weekend. Hopefully they'll be successful breeders.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- My parents bought me my first goldfish when I was 4. George was my first love. I started breeding guppies when I was 10, then I set up a 30 gallon community tank. Eventually I tried cichlids and ended up with Bogo, my parrot fish, eating all the others.
- Favorite fish:
- Bogo, my 12 year old parrot
- Fish I have bred:
- guppies, attempting to breed bettas for the first time as we speak.
- Why I like fish::
- They are beautiful graceful companions and they compliment my indoor tropical garden perfectly. I love being surrounded by living things.
- Best advice:
- Don't take on more than you can afford, financially and more importantly time-wise. Just have fun and treat your fish like you treat those you love.
- Other pets:
- Two black cats. Elliott my 29 pound king of the house, and my little one, Spencer who at 14 pounds i
I love my little fishes....
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 05-25-2009 05:06 AM
- Join Date
- Number of Photos
- Number of Comments
- Number of times photos viewed
- Disk space used
- Last Photo Uploaded
- Last Comment Posted
- Total Points