- fish and critters, reading, avoiding housework, bead work/jewelry
- just another inmate running the asylum
- About Me:
- Enter text about who you are: I'll let you know when I work that out :)
- all kinds (except Country...shudder)
- American Beauty, The Others, Blow, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Murder by Death
- Who I'd like to meet:
- The cashier who will sell me a winning lottery ticket.
- mystery /suspense, Charlaine Harris, children's books, many works by Nikki Giovanni
- Atticus Finch, my Nana, Mighty Mouse
- Law and Order, MST3K, The First 48, PBS Mystery, Star Trek (any except Deep Space Nine)
- Live in partner
- Graduated College
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- I came here at the suggestion of another member and so far am pleased with the site.
- Aquarium 1:
- This aquarium is my first ever. It is a 20 gallon freshwater tank. Currently I have cherry barbs and cory cats in my aquarium.
- Aquarium 2:
- My boyfriend has a 29 gallon aquarium. There are glo lite and neon tetras,platys, and cory cats.
- Aquarium 3:
- It's a 10 gallon tank that was going to be used for the guppy fry. Currently a platy and a guppy who have been bullying other fish are in there. They get along fine together.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- Because we put the two bullies in the 10 gallon aquarium, we've still got the guppy fry in a tiny little 1 gallon tank. Now the plan is to get a divider for the 10 gallon so that the guppies can have a safe third of the tank and the other 2 can hang out in the other section. We haven't figured it out yet. The 1 gallon tanks (we've got 2) were purchased to be fish hospitals. I can't wait for the baby guppies to get into the 10 gallon tank!
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- Once my boyfriend got his aquarium started, I was hooked. I started reading books and researching online. It wasn't long before we got a second tank for me.
- Favorite fish:
- definitely cory cats...all sorts
- Fish I have bred:
- We haven't intentionally bred anything. Our guppies have happily bred like crazy and we have many guppy fry who are becoming larger and more vibrantly colored each day. The platys also surprised us with babies. We weren't able to get the platy fry from the 29 gallon tank and decided that if they were that wily they might be able to outsmart the big fish. They've grown quite a bit.
- Why I like fish::
- I love to watch the way they move around in the water and see what they're up to. Now that our fish have been with us for a bit, they respond to us differently and their personalities have become more distinct. It's so relaxing just to watch them go about their routine and it's not unusual for me to realize that I'm actually smiling while sitting and watching my fish. There's always something going on in the tank. It never gets dull to sit down and spend time watching the fish.
- Best advice:
- Try to go to multiple sources with questions/problems you have. I've found many contradictions in some areas and am glad I continued to ask around before coming up with a plan.
- Other pets:
- We have 2 dogs, a dwarf dutch bunny, 2 guinea pigs,and a geriatric hamster.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 07-13-2008 04:53 AM
- Join Date
- Number of Photos
- Number of Comments
- Number of times photos viewed
- Disk space used
- Last Photo Uploaded
- Last Comment Posted
- Total Points