- Elgin, IL, USA
- Aquariums, Bowling, Skating
- About Me:
- I am (wishing I was) a single guy from the Greater Chicagoland area. I am also a disabled vet; former truck driver and transporter. I have worked in transportation for about 10 years. I have also worked in Social Services...helping persons with disabilities make a better life for themselves. I am trying to build my internet empire, and earn enough money from it so that I don't have to work for someone else ever again.
- I am fairly ecclectic in my tastes...just depends on my mood. I like the oldies/dusties; R&B; Old R
- I particulary love Sci-Fi...but I also love action, adventure and even horror. Psyco dramas are als
- Who I'd like to meet:
- People who have the same interests as I: especially with regards to aquariums and pets in general.
- I really don't read for entertainment...but only to learn. However, my scriptures are important to
- My Heavenly & Earthly fathers, as well as Jesus Christ
- Mostly just educational programing: such as DIY shows; Animal Planet; History Channel & etc.
- Myspace URL:
- Gratuated Collage
- Why do you like AC Tropical Fish:
- This is a wonderful forum where I have found a home of friendly people. I love the fact that I can
- Hanover Park, Illinois
- Aquarium 1:
- My main aquarium is a 30g (long) fresh water setup. I have (2) Black Tetras (the first fish in the tank - sex unknown); (4) Pinapple Swordtails (2 of each sex); (2) Zebra Danios (sex unknown) One male Blue Gourami (his mate died about 2 months ago); and one Browninsh-Black Pleco (about 6", sex unkno
- Aquarium 2:
- My second tank is a 10g (reg) fresh water setup with only a Red Cap Oranda. It used to have a Black Moor, but he died. I think that happended because he would swim up and let me hand feed him, and touch him: and I think I may have made him sick.
- Aquarium 3:
- I don't have a third aquarium.
- Rest of Your Aquariums:
- I don't have more aquariums than that/those described above.
- How I got started with aquariums.:
- I started when I was a little boy. My father got me into the hobby. I think he used to have Guppies (fancy); but it is hard to remember.
- Favorite fish:
- Hard to say, but probably Oscars & Angles
- Fish I have bred:
- Without trying, I have had Black Mollys; Platys & Swordtails bread in my tanks over the years. I am not smart enough to know what I did right to make this happen...at least not yet.
- Why I like fish::
- They are so calming to my soul. I find peace in watching them swim around. I especially love the fact of taking care of another creature, and tending to all of their needs.
- Best advice:
- KEEP IT REAL...Don't use plastic plants and that other "garbage" in your tank. Keep a real ecosystem, and you will be wonderfully supprised and get a sense of accomplishment when you succeed. Also, try to give your business to your local "mom & pop" shops as apposed to the giant mega pet stores...at least whenever possible.
- Other pets:
- None right now..but I have had Birds, Hamsters (breed them); dogs and a cat. Would like to have a d
President & CEO
Black Cat Enterprises
(don't worry...not going to eat any fish)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Thumbs Up Received
- Thumbs Up Given
- Last Activity
- 01-14-2008 03:30 PM
- Join Date
- Total Points
- Dedicated to my Grandson - Marton