PDA

View Full Version : Playing?....

allthosecolours
06-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Hi, i currently own 3 zebra danios in a 5 gallon tank. So once i realeased them into the tank i've noticed that they kept on chasing each other around, im not really sure if this is a sign of agessiveness, or maybe they are just playing with each other....should i be worried or am i just paranoid..what do u guys think? Thanks a bunch!

kimmers318
06-17-2006, 02:42 AM
I have 3 danios and that is all they do...zip around the tank and chase each other. That is why I call them the psycho fish! Ihave heard another say they are fish on crack! You might want to consider a larger tank for them so they have more room to run so to speak....my daughter bought herself a 5 gallon for Christmas and I haven't found anything that has really been happy in it except a betta. I don't know for sure what the "recommendations" for danios are as far as tank size, but IMO they would be happier in more room. One website I checked quickly suggested 10 gal minimum, another 40L...not sure of conversion from gal/liters but 5 gallons will probably be too small.

rollie
06-17-2006, 06:13 AM
they are just playing. some of the peoples that comes to my store called them "speed demons".!!!

allthosecolours
06-17-2006, 01:50 PM
lmao..thanks for the for great advice