PDA

View Full Version : OMG...my swordtails gave birth to babies..well 5 so far.

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 01:03 AM
ok so well i was on the phone and collecting my brine shrimp when i noticed i had BABIES...yeha i have been waiting for them. I have collected and saved 5 so far but by the looks of th emom there are more to come....aaahhhh i am so excited!!!!!!!

CAF
09-28-2007, 01:11 AM
ok so well i was on the phone and collecting my brine shrimp when i noticed i had BABIES...yeha i have been waiting for them. I have collected and saved 5 so far but by the looks of th emom there are more to come....aaahhhh i am so excited!!!!!!!
Relax Squirt... LOL

Look at the screen and repeat these words...

"It is all good."

That's it, now take a deep breath.... hold it... and let it out...

Ok, now good job! Make sure you have a good home to move them to.

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 01:13 AM
7 Now....aaahhhhhhhhhh

"it Is All Good"

crackatinny
09-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Well done squirt:thumb:

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Omg..................................

CAF
09-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Omg..................................
See my first post and keep repeating it everytime your start to freak out. You are doing a great job...

Remember to breathe normally we don't want you to pass out on us...

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 01:20 AM
ok i will try.... and i am now in the point of harvesting my second batch of brine shrimp. BUSY NIGHT.

CAF
09-28-2007, 01:23 AM
ok i will try.... and i am now in the point of harvesting my second batch of brine shrimp. BUSY NIGHT.
::nods:: There will be days like this, and sometimes even busier if you stay in the hobby. It helps to have everything centralized and readily accessible.

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 01:31 AM
yeah its all right beside eachother. lol.

CAF
09-28-2007, 01:38 AM
yeah its all right beside eachother. lol.
It definately helps...

calla
09-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Relax Squirt... LOL

Look at the screen and repeat these words...

"It is all good."

That's it, now take a deep breath.... hold it... and let it out...

Ok, now good job! Make sure you have a good home to move them to.

hehehe this was cute.

yeah, squirt... I've had my swordtails for about a two or three months and the two females are always pregnant. They are seriously the horniest fish ever. So, it gets less exciting.... more like, shit... what am I gonna do with all these swordtails???

ruecole
09-28-2007, 03:38 AM
Yay, you got some babies, Squirt!!!

Now take a few deep breaths, because you're gonna be no use to the momma or babies if you pass out! :hmm3grin2orange:

Rue

Arkie
09-28-2007, 05:26 AM
congrates on the babies...... well done :11:

nanaglen2001
09-28-2007, 06:18 AM
Reminds me of the time, when my Firemouths had their first babies :hmm3grin2orange:
My colleagues even gave me the advice to go to those pregnancy gymnastics (I hope you know what I mean), cause I guess I was more "pregnant" than my fish:laugh1blue:

Yeah i really freaked out, but I enjoyed it a lot.

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 07:12 PM
yeah this is the second time in a month she has gave birth. lol. Well i could only save 7 but well i have places for them to go when they grow up so i wont have just a tank of swordtails. lol.
Thanks for the replys.

CAF
09-28-2007, 07:15 PM
yeah this is the second time in a month she has gave birth. lol. Well i could only save 7 but well i have places for them to go when they grow up so i wont have just a tank of swordtails. lol.
Thanks for the replys.

Congrats on your 7 new grandfish....

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats on your 7 new grandfish....
Well it's 8 now...i found another one in the tank.....lol....and it looks like the mother is going to have more.....so well it's funny because i think that the live brine shrimp helped her have them because it was the night after i gave them live brine shrimp for the first time that she popped them out. lol.

CAF
09-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Well it's 8 now...i found another one in the tank.....lol....and it looks like the mother is going to have more.....so well it's funny because i think that the live brine shrimp helped her have them because it was the night after i gave them live brine shrimp for the first time that she popped them out. lol.

Live foods definately help with spawning.

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah i know i realized that after i fed it to them. lol. Well all i need is a heavily planted tank and maybe my glowlights will lay eggs and or my cherry barbs. lol.