PDA

View Full Version : Ram behaviour

RMS86
11-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I have had a male blue ram for while, in with my community tank. Today i added a female blue ram & a pair of electric blue rams. The original male now seems to be chasing the new fish alot, & some of the fish that it previously didnt bother, will this behaviour stop? I dont think im
Overstocked unless you tell me overwise..

240L tank
8 cardinal tetras
5 glowlight tetras
5 neon rainbow fish
Bristle nosed pleco
4 platies
1 dwarf gourami
1 african frog
+ fish mentioned above

steeler58
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
No your not overstocked, you could even bump up your tetra schools if you wanted. Try changing around the decor so the new fish can establish his own territory and the old will be trying to figure out what happened to his.

C-Dub
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
GBR's do not always love new tank mates, especially other dwarf chiclids, even though you added a female they may not accept each other, I do really like the suggestion in the post above, give that a shot, let us know the results

RMS86
11-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the replys, to be honest he has calmed down alot now, he chases abit after feeding but he is getting better by the day. he has probably got the hump because there are 3 more dwarf cichlids in there, and he " owned" the whole tank!!

steeler58
11-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Good to hear. I used to have to do this with my Saltwater tank every time I added a new fish.