PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some moss

bethyMT
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi. I'm just looking for some java moss or christmas moss for my 55g and perhaps for the 5g betta tank. It seems that locally it is a hard thing to find, which seems silly but nobody has it.

Anyway, I'll pay for shipping and the cost of the moss, with the understanding that you aren't going to charge me an arm and a leg or my first born child(although at times you could have her but that's another issue).

Anyway, thanks if you're interested. :11:

Knightia
11-03-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm drowning in moss at the moment...shame I'm in the UK. I don't think I'd be able to post it internationally. :11:

bethyMT
11-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh, I'm sorry you are in the UK too firefly! Or maybe sad I'm not in the UK...

This is, as I neglected to mention, for US people only. I can't even begin to understand what it would take to ship it/get it through customs/etc.

Is it weird that I want moss? I am just loading up my tank with plants.

Thank you.

richberstler
11-04-2012, 12:42 AM
If my new lighting wouldn't have caused an algae bloom in my java moss I'd help. It's the one place my new olive snails won't clean up for me.

Rave
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I'd help you out if you lived in Canada :(
Try checking your local kijiji or craigslist Ad's.
I know most of my LFS's do sell some java moss, however it usually is never displayed. Its worth asking about.

I dont think moss is a waste, it can come apart and make a mess, so it does require a little care, but once secured to driftwood or a wall, it makes a great looking addition to any aquarium.

Joshua.M
11-06-2012, 01:56 AM
I'd help you out if you lived in Canada :(
Try checking your local kijiji or craigslist Ad's.
I know most of my LFS's do sell some java moss, however it usually is never displayed. Its worth asking about.

I dont think moss is a waste, it can come apart and make a mess, so it does require a little care, but once secured to driftwood or a wall, it makes a great looking addition to any aquarium.
IM IN CANADIA!!!!! and i want moss :):):):) i cant find it anywhere... how much?

Lady Hobbs
11-06-2012, 03:14 AM
With the price of customs, it wouldn't be worth trying to order it honestly.

korith
11-06-2012, 10:29 AM
With the price of customs, it wouldn't be worth trying to order it honestly.

Sometimes customs will destroy plants if they aren't given proper documentation.

bethyMT
11-06-2012, 04:41 PM
All right...I'm assuming nobody wants to share. Really?

This is for US people only, I reiterate. I can't handle customs, I know this.

Please?? Just some lowly java moss you probably have too much of anyways?

AVN
11-06-2012, 07:12 PM
No you can't have any, it's all mine! My precious...

Just kidding, sorry for the really late reply. I don't frequent these forums much, I pop in to lurk and see if anyone has anything interesting for sale.

I am able to help you out with Java. I got my rack of jars set up thanks to contributions from various forum members across a couple boards. (I feel your sentiment, sharing isn't common enough)

I'd ship you some for free, but I'm in a tight spot so I'll ship you some for price of shipping, I don't want you to pay me a penny more.

How much do you need? I have about 3 softballs available. Mind that you take only as much as you need, because I need the rest to share with others.

This stuff grows amazingly fast without any Co2 or ferts, it'll grow even faster with them. I tied a single strand of it to some fishing line and left it in my 300g planted tank, a week later that single strand had turned into four; just to give you an idea of how fast it grows.

PM me with your address, I'll ship it out and then provide my Paypal email so you can reimburse me for shipping.

Rave
11-20-2012, 12:38 AM
sorry on the late reply.
just called canada post and there is no issues with sending live plants via mail(within canada).

PM me if you are interested.
I'll put some in a small tuperware with some water, and COD it to you for the cost of delivery (Whatever it may be).