PDA

View Full Version : blood parrot

cocoa_pleco
09-26-2007, 09:34 PM
today i got a smaller blood parrot, and hes one that can open and close his mouth. after i bought him i had to expectantly leave so i got him into the tank and left, that was about noon. now i just got back, and i caught him in the act of eating plants. he hasnt harmed other fish, but is gnawing on cabomba. are they known for that?

zackish
09-26-2007, 09:41 PM
A lot of fish eat up cambambo I think. It is real fine and easy for them to peck at. Being a cichlid I wouldn't be surprised if he was tearing it up.

Lady Hobbs
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I didn't know you had any parrots, cocoa. I plan to put one in with my severums if I ever get them!

tropfish
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Mine doesn't eat it i think because he can't close his mouth, but he LOVES pulling thme out. I'll put them back in a bunch in the corner of the tank and he pulls the individual stems out and puts them in the caves lol. I wish i could catch him doing it tho.

cocoa_pleco
09-26-2007, 10:28 PM
yep, got him today. he gets along with the tetras and even severum. the problem is he can fully close his mouth, and he isnt one of the open mouth ones that have their mouths stuck open so he is fully capable of doing aquatic gardening:hmm3grin2orange: