PDA

View Full Version : Feather Dusters...

Bill M.
09-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey everyone....

Ive got a few FD's in my tank now, pretty happy about that.... they are a purbleish color.... quite pretty.. any who... I understand that they eat stuff out of the water. Well I dont have any SW food, so should I "cook up" a batch of Brine Shrimp and add some into the tank?

CAF
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey everyone....

Ive got a few FD's in my tank now, pretty happy about that.... they are a purbleish color.... quite pretty.. any who... I understand that they eat stuff out of the water. Well I dont have any SW food, so should I "cook up" a batch of Brine Shrimp and add some into the tank?

FDs eat debris and small microorganisms by filtering them out of the water. IF you feed them make sure it is extremely small and can be filtered out of the water.

CAF
09-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Bill there is a local Reef Club in your area, I would recommend you hook up with them and see if they can help you out directly.

Here is their website:

http://www.thescmas.com/index

TowBoater
09-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I use the kent micro stuff. My feather dusters went to were you could barley see them to dime size now.

2manyfish
09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Brine shrimp will be too big for them and not the correct food anyway. Get yourself some phytoplankton if you feel you must feed them. DT's is the best if you can find it (it's live phytoplankton) but Kent's product is also good. Be careful not to overfeed this.....a little goes a long way!