PDA

View Full Version : What is my goldfish doing hanging at top of tank?

CheddarsMom
10-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi all! So, for the last few weeks or so my ryukin goldfish, Cheddar, has been spending a lot of time in the top corner of the tank. He is not gasping or floating, but is just kinda sitting at the top of the tank in the same corner for a substantial length of time. When he is not doing this, though, he acts completely normal, eats well, and I cannot see any other symptoms of illness. Like I said, he has been doing this off and on for a few weeks. Sometimes he will go days without me seeing him do it, and then he will start again.

He is alone in a 15 gallon vertical tank. My water levels are consistently good and I do a 25% water change once a week. For the past month or so though I have been having a brown algae problem. I cant seem to get it to stop growing!

I've had cheddar since July and my tank finished cycling in the beginning of September. I have only changed the filter once and that was at the end of Sept, so right before Cheddar starting acting weird.

Could this just be his new place to hang out? Or is something wrong with him? Any advice you can give would be great! Thanks!

Lady Hobbs
10-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Might be he just sleeps up there? Many fish find spots they just like and will stay there much of the time.