PDA

View Full Version : future tank

Gogi
10-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Just curious. What would be the minium size tank for the follwing stock?
2 adult angels
11 of a non nipping tetra
8 corydoras

Brhino
10-16-2012, 04:39 PM
are you going to take steps to ensure you have a mated pair, or not?

Gogi
10-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Mated pair would be nice, but I am not concerned with breeding. That is until I get a house with a fishroom lol.

So I would just get two not mated angels if that is advisable.

mommy1
10-16-2012, 06:46 PM
A 65g would be a great size for that stock. In order for it to work, the angels would have to go in last after all the other fish are well established. You also want to get angels as young as possible, the smaller (younger) the better. Getting them from a breeder is best and they must go into the tank at the same time.

Gogi
10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I already have a 75 gallon with 6 little blood parrots. Would 2 baby angels be ok in this set up?

mommy1
10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I've never kept blood parrots so I can't begin to comment on how they would be with the angels. I understand they are little now, but I don't think a 75g would be enough room to give 6 full grown BP's and 2 full grown angels enough territory to get along even if they are compatible.

BiGBlak
10-17-2012, 03:56 AM
BPs Are very peaceful and can be housed with angles im just not sure if all those fish fully grown will have enough room in a 75g. Bps get quite big 6-8inches and angels get tall. LadyHobbs will surely come to this thread and let you know since she keeps/kept them and knows alot about them. I only Kept one.

Gumshoe218
10-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I have two angels, 16 rummeynose tetras, and 6 cories in a 45 gallon tank. Dimensions are 36"W, 24"H, and 13"D. The angels aren't a mated pair and I understand I'm lucky as I've no issues with the two angels over the last 2+ years.

As the others have stated, they went in together and were very small. The tank was also well established before they went in as well.

Gogi
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the input.

LadyHobbs actually was on of the people that help me with blood parrot info when i was setting up the 75 gallon. I did not think to mention angels in that thread, but lately i have become very interested in them.

I think it is because I saw a few black veil angels at one of the LFS. They were really beautiful fishes.

Ramsarecool
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
You should do fine. Provide sand for the corys though with caves/hiding places.

Gets a tall 65 or 75 though. angelfish do better in such a setup.

C-Dub
10-18-2012, 08:44 PM
I do not advise having two Angels unless they are a mated-pair. I have kept a single Angel, and a single BP together in a 65 gal and all was well. Also had a pair of GBR's, some Cory's, and a gold nugget Pleco in that tank as well, I miss it, lol :scry:

If you don't want a mated-pair of Angels then only get one, unless you get a tank that is over like 150 gal. It wont work.

Gogi
10-19-2012, 01:43 AM
roger that. I guess it will have to be one angel. Unless I hit the lotto haha

fishmommie
10-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Just to add to this. I have a single angel in a tank with 2 blood parrots (soon to be 3). See my sig line for the rest of the stock. I added congo tetras and they are great tank mates or the BPs and the Ange - the congos have brought the BP's out of hiding. the angel sometimes schools with them but mostly ignores them.
Sounds like you'll have a really nice tank thumbs2: