PDA

View Full Version : Broke down the nano. Too much for me

GoWild
10-08-2012, 08:28 PM
It's alot of work. I think if I had an ATO it would have been a little easier. But I am just too busy with 5 classes, work and a new baby.
I was starting to grow some coraline algae in there too. I don't even have that stuff in my 72. But I was also growing red slime, green hair algae and everything else. I increase my clean up crew and it helped some.

I put the six line wrasse,extreme misbar clown in my 72 along with all all the coral and rock. I am now using the HOB skimmer rated for 65 gallons on my 72. I didn't have a skimmer before, just a algae scrubber that I am still trying to get full green hair algae growth.

***No fish or corals were harmed during this tank set up*************

Trillianne
10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
That sounds disappointing, and yet at the same time, a wise choice.

GoWild
10-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I've been so busy to even make the switch. I had big hopes for my nano. I bought all things to build a custom stand, custiom drilled overflow etc. However the pump I was going to use is allot quieter than the one I currently had on my 72.

When planning the nano, there are so many options to go with. Unless you are 100% dedicated, idk how one could have a pristine nano, unless money wasn't issue.... LOL

reef12
05-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Glad I read that.

The guy at the store swore that a piece of Cake really.

Wanted to sell me one , well two one a t $299.00 a 14 gallon the other at $399.00 for a 28 gallon, lucky I walked away then.

Jeff

GoWild
05-21-2013, 03:49 AM
Jeff, it could be a piece of cake if you had an ATO set up. But even now I'm finally learning the importance of good husbandry on my 72 gallon. I just invested another thousand on lights, ATO, skimmer, RO/DI. Things aren't cheap.....