PDA

View Full Version : online fish stores

Glofish
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Some of us don't have a LFS, or have bad ones and are forced to buy online.

That can be a quagmire, and I think we would greatly benefit from hearing where others had good (or bad) experiences.

I am hoping some will post here, I am in that situation and sorely need some recommendations and/or warnings.

Thanks

Cliff
10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
It might help to know what country you live in

I could recommend a few places to you, but they do not ship into the USA so that would not be any good to you if you live in the USA

Lady Hobbs
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
A+ there.

I have a 2 hour drive to a fish store. Sometimes I just have to take a trip. But I order nothing during the winter months. Trying to buy fish, for me, when it's 10 degrees is taking too much of a chance.

They add heat packs but those are only good for just so many hours.

Glofish
10-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I am in the US, and we still have 80 degree days. I have a window of about 3 weeks before it gets too cold to ship...

I have a store that used to be good that takes me a day to drive to and back - but it changed ownership and I hear it has deteriorated horribly, with no one knowing anything about fish there now.

I have ordered online from liveaquaria with no issues. They take good care to insulate and ship in styrofoam. Just wondering if there are other places out there who might have different things on offer...

steeler58
10-08-2012, 10:55 PM
The best one I have found and I can't praise them enough, Is the Wet Spot Tropical Fish in Portland Oregon.

I live in central California and it cost's about $30.00-$40.00 to get them shipped to me. The more you order the bigger discounts they give you. For example Cardinals are three dollars but if buy ten our more they cost $2.50. With Tetras and Barbs you have to buy a minnimum of six which I think is good. I have never had a DOA the six times I've ordered from them.

At least check them out, you will be blown away by the selection they have.

Glofish
10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Will definitely do!

Glofish
10-08-2012, 11:59 PM
The selection is certainly amazing!

I can even read the grey on black if I highlight it like I was going to copy it...

Which is what I may have to do anyway, so I can run around looking at pics and descriptions of these fish. If you don't know what they look like and what they like it's hard to pick...

I doubt there are descriptions for many of them anywhere online, there are so many varieties.

It may be fun to travel there on vacation just to look at it all...

steeler58
10-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Glad I could help, you won't be disapointed if you order from them. Anthony (sales manager) can sound a little dismissive on the phone but your order gets double ck'd and out the next day.

dmuratova
11-10-2014, 07:28 AM
I can recommend you this (http://artemiadirect.eu/) online store, usually I buy fish food here. the prices are reasonable, though the delivery is too long.

wgoldfarb
11-10-2014, 07:58 PM
I can recommend you this (http://artemiadirect.eu/) online store, usually I buy fish food here. the prices are reasonable, though the delivery is too long.

Really? You have only ever made two posts, both of them today, and both of them to plug this company based in Bulgaria. Tsk Tsk tsk.