PDA

View Full Version : can you keep gouramis!

sweetthing26
09-24-2007, 01:16 PM
My friend has hers in a fish, bowl....she just got them...the petstore siad its ok too have them in a fish bowl is it ok too kept them in .it....I just thought I would ask...

Kaga's Kritters
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
No! they need a heater and filtration. plus they get too big to keep in a fishbowl.

cocoa_pleco
09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
nope, even a small gourami needs at least a 10g with heater and filter, and for most gouramis a 25g+ is needed. no fish but a betta can live in a bowl

Lady Hobbs
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Another great source of information from a pet store! The answer is absolutely NO.

Sometimes these people working these places just tick me off so bad. They give newbies more bad information than they do anything beneficial.

lasm
09-24-2007, 02:43 PM
You shouldn't trust the guys as the pet store. Is really weird that you are going to find someone that really knows about it.

They even sell incompatible fishes at the same time to one person without even asking if they are going to same fish tank.

Last week I went to get a live plant and the guy have no idea how to take it out of the fish tank. It was really sad.

Get a bigger tank for that fish and a partner for that fish. Otherwise, exchange it for a betta.