PDA

View Full Version : pumpkin???

Arkie
09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
ive been puting pumpkin in my big tank for the plecos and everyone else is eating it too.
the clown loaches love it, now even the swordtails and the tetras do aswell, ive even seen the kribensis trying it????
is it ok for everybody else to eat pumpkin aswell?
i havent seen anyone sick or anything so im guessing its ok, but thought id better check

S13DWS
09-24-2007, 08:58 AM
I like pumpkin!!!!
Are the other fish vege heads aswell? if they preffer a bit more meat id be letting them have some pumpkin but still making sure they get thier main dietary needs too!

Arkie
09-25-2007, 01:07 AM
i still give them their pellets and wafers twice a day so its not because theyre starving they just seem to love it!!! as soon as the pumpkin hits the water they all rush over, i mean they dont even give it a chance to hit the gravel!!!! :18:

CAF
09-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Pumpkin is a type of squash, and many people feed Zuchini to their fish. I don't believe there is a problem. Fish need vegies too!!!

Lady Hobbs
09-25-2007, 01:43 AM
I drop watermelon in now and then. My loaches love it. I have had NO luck with pea's tho. Even my silver dollars won't eat them. I smashed them up nice and all it did was make a mess. I do feed zuchinni and romane lettuce.

Arkie
09-25-2007, 01:44 AM
i feed them zuchini too but the pumpkin seems to be the favourite!!!!!

CAF
09-25-2007, 01:47 AM
I grind up dried peas and put it in my "gutloading" mixture for my Walter Worms which become fry food. No luck with anything else ever eating them whole. I also feed spinach... (I have lots of inverts and spinach is a natural source of iodine which inverts supposedily need).

Lady Hobbs
09-25-2007, 01:51 AM
That's a smart idea. How about Nori? I tried that and struck out there, as well. I thought the Silver Dollars would go nuts for it. Wrong again.

Arkie
09-25-2007, 01:52 AM
ill have to try watermelon, i havent tried peas though. oh and my bristlenose seem to like capsicum aswell.