PDA

View Full Version : Feeder goldfish from fair

KINGMED
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Yesterday went to Bloomsburg, Pa. fair---our Church has a stand there and I helped. My wife came at 6 p.m. to do her 4 hour shift and I took control of our 4 and 7 yr. old daugters. Unbeknown to me a lady across the the way gave my 7 yr. old a comet gold fish of aprox. 1.5 to 2 inches (gray with a black strip from head to tail dorsally. First off I don't want goldfish and if I did I'd certainly buy some fancy ones, but I ended up taking it home, this morning woke up with another one in the 2 gallon tank that was temporarily setup for the night. They are now in a ten gallon at present time and yes I know that is way to small for 2 let alone 1 goldfish, I have a 29 gallon but they will not go into it, I figure I'll eventually put them into one of those tubs at walmart that hold quite abit. I am not a bad fish person, I just know my daughter and she'd take along time getting over not keeping them, who knows they diffentially will have a better life with us anyway. They are cute at the moment but so are other animals until they grow up. I enjoy fairs but I wish they'd do away with the goldfish thing, it was different when I didn't know how to take care of them, and since I know I hate to even mess with them unless I want to keep them on my own.

TowBoater
09-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Buy one of them feeder troughs at one of your local feed stores and put it in here room and stock bricks around it to make it look natural and like you can hook up a fountain and stuff to it. You can get a 40g one here that is really heavy duty that I am considering for like 20$.