PDA

View Full Version : Dying fish

Full3R
06-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Today i found my female zebra danio floating at the top of my tank beaten with nipped fins and a missing eye, also one of my white clouds has its gils a bit bitten but is swimming freely, ther live with

2 blue gouramis, 1 white gourami, 1 black ghost, 5 blackskirt tetras, 1 shubunkin, 1 silver dollar, 2 blue acaras, another white cloud and another danio ant clue who wouldve done it, they black ghost is to shy or even to small to attack the other fish?

rollie
06-11-2006, 09:16 AM
it could of been most any of them
could of been your acaras cichlid. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE IN WITH OTHERS FISH EXCEPT OTHERS CICHLIDS. this is what i tell peoples who come to my pet shop.

it also could of been your blue gouramis. they will pick on others fish.

could of been your black ghost.

this is just my 2 cent worth.

Full3R
06-11-2006, 10:07 AM
well my ghost is rather peacful as it shares its ornamental ship with my blacskirts, strangley when they get fish flakes from the top of my tank they retreat to the ship and the ghost eats the food they drop, the gouramis have never hassled any fish except each other with little chases, thanks rollie ill watch them

William
06-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Well I disagree somewhat as I think that there are many cichlids that can be suitable for a community tank.(and many others that are not suitable to keep with other fish) Blue acaras are one of them even if I perhaps would recommend other company.

I doubt the acaras are guilty. The acaras would likely not be to aggressive towards such small fish unless they are breeding. Have you checked for eggs somewhere in the tank.

The blue & white Gourami are in my opinion often more aggressive than the acaras and could be responsible.

Are your blackskirts aggresie?

Full3R
06-11-2006, 11:03 AM
no, it really where all the fish avoid each other (except the skirts and the ghost) but they all stay within there own species group

the acars tussle between themselves

William
06-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Yes but that they tussel between themself isn't a problem.

Are you sure that fish died from the beating and that the damages wasnät from other fish eating on them after they died?

DO you have any decoration the white cloud could have damage itself against.

Full3R
06-12-2006, 05:39 AM
not really, but its the zebra danio that died the white cloud just has ripped gils, ive put the two white clouds and remaining danio in a guppy tank and no other fish have yet to be harmed

William
06-12-2006, 10:41 AM
thats good to hear.