PDA

View Full Version : Airline tubing

KINGMED
09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
This may not quite be a do it yourself type thing but I work at a Medical Facility. I work as a x-ray technician but at the present time I take vitals and bloodpressure on individuals. We also do Nebulizer or people with breathing problems and the tubing that hooks up to the Nebulizer to the mouth piece is the same size tubing as you buy at aquarium stores. A few weeks ago I desided to take one and measure it and it came out to about 6' and it fits perfect on my air pumps. Got 4 6' pieces at present time and I'm sure I'll have more in a few short days, the people at the office thank it's funny that I'll take it out of the trash and cut off both ends to use---I tell them it's already paid for and trash so why not put it to good use.

Dave66
09-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Its the same material, and it would be sterile from a hospital, which is a good thing.

Dave

KINGMED
09-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Ya, and the best thing it's cheap (FREE). That alone was what caught my eye. I looked around at one of the stores in town and they had a 8' piece brand new in package for about 3.00, so hey I figure for me it's a great deal.

DCroft37
10-19-2011, 02:53 AM
But alas, It does not work.... Can't believe no one ever posted this fact. My mother got a load of the tubing when she was diagnosed w/lung cancer. Long story short, It will not transport air from an aquarium type pump. I don't' know why, but I do know the hospital type has 3 thin inner lines that run inside the length of it. Maybe that's why.

dizzydezzy
10-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I have used hospital tubing back when I had airpump filter, without a problem. It's possible that hospitals might use different kinds for different things?

gm72
10-19-2011, 10:25 PM
But alas, It does not work.... Can't believe no one ever posted this fact. My mother got a load of the tubing when she was diagnosed w/lung cancer. Long story short, It will not transport air from an aquarium type pump. I don't' know why, but I do know the hospital type has 3 thin inner lines that run inside the length of it. Maybe that's why.

This is not necessarily true. I have used the tubing without difficulty myself. Neb lines and O2 lines will absolutely work.

Northernguy
10-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Yup!thumbs2: It works fine. Not all tubing is the same size.lol