PDA

View Full Version : Ended up with a yabby

Tolite
08-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Well got love boyfriends!

My bf was in our lfs ( not the one i usally go too they woulda told him) and he bought a yabby crayfish he just though it was a huge marble which im currently keeping and breeding

So he bought this yabby and ploped it in my 40g cray tank first off this thing is massive about the size of a coconut in lenght though he has made him self at home tanking over the coconut covered in javamoss that i have for my marbles and i think there are enough hiding spots to accommodate all off them im worried that my 40g isnt enough space for him in the long run.

Im wondering should i relocate him to my 60g sump (baby holding area) or my 75g long show tank to make sure hes comfortable with more space.

I worrie cause i have a large school of corries ans several horse face locaches in my 75g that im worried will become a snack for this mighty cray.

I really dont want to take him back beacuse he's super amusing. I will relocate him if nessary but i do have 6 tanks and a grow out sump to accommodate all my fish and inverts

Any help would be super!

smaug
08-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Your the first non aussie Ive ever heard refer to a crayfish as a yabby:hmm3grin2orange:
Im not sure your legally allowed to do that:sconfused:

Tolite
08-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Yah laws are lax in canada cant have native fish. But my aussy friend told me they were all over where he was from he's a big bugger and i really like him done a bit of searchin not as much info as i would like.

Much bigger then the crays im used to.

Any tips for a noob to this destruvios (sp?) type

Joshua.M
11-09-2012, 02:42 AM
plop him in and let it be, your fish are most likely too fast for him, i feed mine pre killed bait minnows that i raise, they get the dead ones... and also whatever veggies that they want, constantly keep spinach and/or cucumber in the tank.