PDA

View Full Version : cutteri parrots

jaymz
09-19-2007, 11:38 PM
In my 40breeder is 4 small parrots i recently purchased, 3 turned orange and the other is a nice natural green brown with vertical stripes. Also, in this tank is a female Cutteri. The cutteri has layed a nice batch of eggs on a piece of drift wood. The first time she did this i vacuumed them up almost immediatly as to no let her get to attached to them. This time I have left them there and its going on 5 days and only a few have turned white. I know normally the majority of unfertile eggs will start turning white after about 2 three days. But these are acting fertile only a few turning white and mother eating them. The fact that no male is hanging out with her makes me think they are just postponing rotting, but is there any chance they might be fertile. I know the chances are even slimmer seeing most parrots are sterile. Just a rambling question.

Lady Hobbs
09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Are you talking blood parrots? I've read the female parrot can breed and lay eggs but it's the male that is infertile. If your eggs are infertile, they will just die but as mentioned, should really be dead by now.