PDA

View Full Version : small betta feeding

blu
09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Four days ago I bought a couple of female bettas. They are about an inch long but one of them has a really small mouth and cant eat her pellets. I tryed soaking them but she still had trouble. Also I tryed flakes but she just spit them out an made a mess like I thought she would:). She likes frozen brine shrimp but I dont want to feed them too often.

Any advise as to what I should feed this little female?

Thanks in advance!

cocoa_pleco
09-19-2007, 09:45 PM
usually freeze dried bloodworm turns some bettas back onto feeding

blu
09-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Its not that she doesnt want to eat its that the food is too big for her mouth.The only thing shes able to eat easily is the brine shrimp.

And everyone says they have goodluck with freeze dried blood worms but I have not had one betta that likes them.(and Iv had a lot of bettas). Mabey they are just picky.

sweetthing26
09-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I think bloodworm would be the best , I have a little female betta she loves them...give them a try...

MeganL3985
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
what kind of pellets are you trying to feed them? I use the hikari betta bio-gold, they are tiny and my betta, Puffin loves them.

blu
09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Right now all I have is HBH I have tryed the biogold a long time ago then I pick up something else and recently I realized that it was walmart brand so I went to buy something else and all I could find was HBH and wardlys(wardleys is def. to big)so got the HBHonly to realize its the same brand that makes walmarts! UHGG betta food is frustrating:confused: Im going to see if they have more biogold in though because as far as I know thats the best I can get here
.....and I will get some frozen blood worms while Im at it.If she likes frozen brine she will probobly(yay) like the worms.

MeganL3985
09-20-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm almost sure the better will like the biogold...let me know how it works out, if you do get it :)

blu
09-21-2007, 12:00 AM
oh I will definitley be getting it because I cant have my bettas being fed bad food. So to the fish store I go(tomarrow anyway kinda late at the moment)

thanks for the replys!