PDA

View Full Version : breeding bettas...anyone help?

sweetthing26
09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I would like too breed my bettas....when do you know they're ready..to .breed..how old do they have to be...??? Please help

zackish
09-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Just put the female in the same tank as the male but get some kind of divider that they can see through. Or you can put the female in a small bowl right next to the males tank. He will begin to build a nest and when the nest is a good size just let her loose in his tank. After a few days hopefully you will start to see some eggs falling and then I believe you take both of them out. Someone else may be able to help you better. You can also look online for information.
I bread bettas once but wasn't too successful.

squirt_12
09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
well search breeding bettas in this forum because alot of people have already posted about it. Also....if you see eggs falling ONLY take out the FEMALE. THe male will keep the eggs in the nest until they hatch and the fry are free to swim. THen you take the male out.

blu
09-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Make sure you condition both your male and female before putting them together. And make sure they are VERY healthy otherwise the stress could kill them.