PDA

View Full Version : hey u all tropical fish lovers help me plz

samrat1001
08-19-2012, 11:08 PM
hi my name is samrat and i am from delhi,india . . i have two tanks . .a 20 gal n a 30 gal . . . i am new to this hobby. .. i am continuously researchng every thng . . i am nw realy obsessed. ..i am convertng 20 gal in turtle aquarium . . . 30 gal tank is fully cycled (fishless). i have strict routine every week 30 percnt water change . use nly water purified from my home aquaguard . got test kits.ammonia . . ph strips . . . 2 internal filter of a company sobo model se1000f .650 lts/hr .. . sponge cartridge, . . two small plastic plants . . .one good air bubbler . . .gravel bottom . . fluoroscent lghtng .. .de chlorinater .antibiotics,antifungal,antiick,general aid. . net. . temp 28 to 30 dg celcius . ph neutral .. .i m willng to do nythng i could . i wnt u to sugest me. . .suitable fishes which are hardy, i wnt to keep as much as i can,nt one colour diffrnt color variations,schooling or community tnk as u suggst .plz nt expnsve just nrml i m a studnt gttng al ths frm my pckt mney . plz plz plz help

fishguy420
08-20-2012, 02:28 AM
welcome if you are going to turn your 20g into a turtle tank you 1 are going 2 need massive filtration I have a 40 gallon turtle tank with a female red ear slider filtration a whisper 30-60 and a walmart 20g filter along with an undergravel filter with a 900 powerhead atached to it and I still do a 30 percent water change weekly.2 you are going to want to get a male cause they are smaller then the females.Also I like mollies plattys zebra daniels red eye tetras they all make good tankmates.If you are going with a plec go b/n pleco they only get anywhere fom 4-6 inches good luck

Lady Hobbs
08-20-2012, 02:39 AM
I think a 20 gallon is too small for a turtle tank. You can fill the other tank with large schools of tetras and rasbora?

Fishguy......I would hardly call a Whisper 30-60 and a walmart 20g filter "massive" filtration on a 40 gallon tank. Even with the UGF, those filters are more for a 20 gallon tank.

fishguy420
08-20-2012, 03:12 AM
you are right laddy hobbs I dont have enough filtration.I am getting a magnum 350 canister filter for my 40 gal. I should of posted sorry what I had wasnt enough thats why I said massive filtration sorry again for miscommunication.

Lady Hobbs
08-20-2012, 05:25 AM
No need to apologize. I was having a hard time computing "massive filtration" with the filters you mentioned, is all.

domnic0723
08-23-2012, 03:39 AM
any ideas about lighting for your tanks?