PDA

View Full Version : sad day in my tank

decgoth
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
my piranhas are really sick and i may end up losing one by the end of the night :( . if and when the other is better is it possible to get it another tank mate about the same size with minimal fighting between the 2? I've had these 2 for about a year in the same tank since they were about an inch long.

looks like they may have fin rot(don't know where they would have got it from unless it came from the feeders). they're 'shedding' like a snake would and the one has something that resembles mold on the one gill and is swimming upside down :( :( :cry: i have a feeling that'll be the one i lose tonight

Full3R
06-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Well, id do a water change and put a little sea salt in the water, it saved my oscars and severum, and my tiger was half dead and could barley move, and if by some chance you do lose one im pretty sure u could add more to the remaining one as in the wild they accept new members to there schools all the time

decgoth
06-07-2006, 01:47 AM
I did lose the one tonight :cry: . I'm hoping to be able to get another when i move next month after i get the 55gal set up

Full3R
06-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Sorry for your loss

William
06-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Sorry for your loss.

You will hopefully be abel to introduce a new one but one never know 100% how they react.

decgoth
06-07-2006, 12:08 PM
thank you for the condolences. I'm HOPING i can put another in that's about the same size. I checked on the one i have in the tank now and it's still peeling *sigh* so i'm still medicating. But this one is all over the tank looking for the other :cry: . i'm HOPING that they got this from the feeders and not any of the plants i put in there.....that would really just make me an even unhappier camper.

Madc0ws
06-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Sweet Allah have mercy..that's a tragedy. I'd treat the water as soon as I can if I were you. Don't wanna lose the other one.

decgoth
06-07-2006, 01:46 PM
i've been medicating since monday night and have the temp elevated to 79F and am HOPING that it'll clear up. If by the end of the week it doesn't clear up i'm gonna change meds.

Adrienne

decgoth
06-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Well the peeling has somewhat stopped on the remaining one but now it looks like ick. I'm using aqui-sol for the ick and have the temp up to 85F like it says to do nad that seems to be getting the ick under control but it won't eat. The remaining one hasn't eaten since the other died, i bought a dozen rosies and hasn't touched not one. I did put in some frozen krill(defrosted of course) and i wouldn't even touch that, just stays either in the back corner of the tank or in the PVC pipe. I plan on getting it a tank mate but not until i have the ick cleared up completely. any ideas or suggestions?!

Adrienne

rollie
06-10-2006, 08:49 AM
did you check the ph? i had seen this happen because of the ph.

decgoth
06-10-2006, 01:09 PM
pH is fine. wondering if it's from the meds? and this is gonna sound vey far fetch, but maybe it's lonely?