PDA

View Full Version : mother-in-laws

billclaire
08-13-2012, 07:52 AM
saturday took some water to our local aquatic centre to get water tested. while we were there the mother-in-law went to look round.

now we have been toying with getting a larger tank than the one we have. showed her the one we are interested in and she said right thats your birthday and zmas present for this year. what said we. she went to see the assistant and purchased the tank we4 had been looking at. pay on wkly basis.

some people really should keep quiet when we take her out for trips.

dont get us wrong we are gratefull asd this saves us having to save but we wish she wouldnt. she is 83 and not going senial yet.

when the new tank arrives we probably need advice on few things.

we have decided to use substrate on the bottom but do we leave it level or bank it in places. we wil be using likve plants around the sidesc and back of the tank. anyone any suggestions.

the tank is 180 l, 101 x 41 50

escamosa
08-13-2012, 08:10 AM
I hope you give your mum inlaw a big kiss for Christmas! :hmm3grin2orange: What I would start with, is having a look around at some fishes that you would like first, before choosing substrates and plants. Do some research on some fishes; if the tank size will suit them, if they like planted or unplanted tanks, if they like sandy or gravely substrate, then plan how you would like to set the tank up. thumbs2:

Fakhouri1610
08-14-2012, 09:09 AM
You've got the best mother in law ever.
I would kill to get a free tank that big!:18:

Lady Hobbs
08-14-2012, 09:15 AM
This is wonderful. The only problem with THIS mother-in-law is that I'd love to have that tank but they wouldn't.