PDA

View Full Version : peacock eel dead.

cardiocentric
08-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Okay, so this was a learning experience. After driving across town six or seven times to get him blackworms, the only thing he seemed to gnosh on without taking an hour to find it... trying to feed using frozen cubes hidden under stones, re-purposing one half of the aquarium with a smaller substrate (sand), feeding at dusk, and creating countless hiding places... this eel just didn't work out in my tank. I started noticing him becoming kind of lethargic, and kept trying my tried and true methods of feeding but I have some advice for anyone getting an eel : MAKE SURE you don't have a large stock of bottom feeders/voracious eaters in your tank as they *will* starve to death or generally just be so stressed that they die. he lasted a good 4 months no problem up until about a week ago.. lesson learned. :( R.I.P Nori. :scry:

Kaylajo334
08-13-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm so sorry!! A peacock eel really jump starter my love for this hobby years ago. Oddly enough he had a tragic death as well but I had him for years. Love to get another one but it'll be a while!!