PDA

View Full Version : Jewel Rio 240 ????

Denis Goulding
09-17-2007, 10:11 PM
HI,
I have just purchased a jewel RIO 240. Now what to put into it???
..What would u put into it.. I have just white coral cand like what they use in a malawi set up in... Letting the water settle now.

Please all advice welcome.. Angels with kribs and rams,,, u tell me..

regards.
Denis

cocoa_pleco
09-18-2007, 02:48 AM
how many liters or gallons is it?

Lady Hobbs
09-18-2007, 04:15 AM
That's 63 gallons.

If you are using coral sand, you need to put cichlids in it that require a high pH as that substrate raises the pH.

cocoa_pleco
09-18-2007, 04:26 AM
well, you can go with some peacocks (probably 8), or if you want a mixed dwarf tank go with-

2 kribs
a few rams
a pair of angels (more angels=fights)
some bottom feeders (most syndontis cats are good)

we just need to narrow some things down. what biotope do you want? african, tanganyika, or victoria?

Denis Goulding
09-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi,
I wanted to keep half a dozen angels a few rams and kribs, some corydoras and some cats.. I have moved a cory, An Angel and some Danios into the tank to build up the filter system..All doing fine::c1:
What other small cichlids wouldi have no problem with in the tank.. The reason i put some coral /shell sand was for the cats and cichlids to enable them to build nests and sift around in the substrate.. I have also scrubbed down my old bog oak from the other tank i had and intoduced it into the tank.. I was also wondering about live plants or would u suggest just rocks clay pots and some artifical plants
I appreciate all the advice and look forward to reading more........
Regards,
Denis

Denis Goulding
09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi,
Its a 240l tank 121 x 41 x 55 cm. I was wondering is there any other small busy but not nasty small chiclids that would do well in the community.
The ph of the water is about neutral.. Even with the sand will test again in 5 days and make sure. Will the rams and kribs live side by side or do they need different water ph's. As for their territorysi will be making five different areas in the tank well apart that they can choose from. Bog oak and clay pots.
Regards,
Denis

cocoa_pleco
09-18-2007, 01:42 PM
i would use fake plants and rocks, cichlids tear up plants.

all those angels are not a good idea. once they pair off they attack the other fish in the tank.

a couple of kribs, a couple of angels, and a few rams, and some bottom dwellers works

Denis Goulding
09-18-2007, 10:42 PM
HI,
Thanks for that, would u consider any other cichlids apart from kribs or rams. A pair of each, or would u have more.. Bottom dwellers what fish would u get, would u have any dither fish,, if so what kind.
regards,
Denis