PDA

View Full Version : Wisteria is a myth... It doesnt exist.

Nephalem
08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I have been looking all over town for some Wisteria. I know they aren't related but "land" wisteria is one of my all time favorite plants, and it drew my attention to aquatic wisteria, and now i must have it. I love the way it looks, plus its "low maintenance" which is good for someone like me, after all every other low maintenance plant i have is growing at the speed of light. Anyway, the problem is there are only two LFS I trust here in town, and neither of them have any. I thought it was a fairly common plant, and I don't know why they don't have it, but they don't. So, do any US members who happen to be close to Oregon have any wisteria big enough that they can spare a few starts? I would gladly cover shipping to save the hassle of trying to get the LFS to order some from a distributor they don't usually use.

:help:

mommy1
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Have you considered buying online? I've bought plants several times from these guys and have always been happy with them.

http://www.aquariumplants.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=wisteria&btnSearch=GO&PageAction=PRODSEARCH

Aeonflame
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Try looking for Hygrophila difformis instead

Trillianne
08-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I know we get it up here...

And it doesn't appear to be on the Oregon noxious weed list (Available here) (http://plants.usda.gov/java/noxious?rptType=State&statefips=41))

If you need an excuse to make a weekend trip to Seattle... there you go :shappy:

Nephalem
08-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah I'll deff have to try that online store. I went in today looking for crystalwort too, and the lady that orders their plants didn't even know what it was.

dbosman
08-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah I'll deff have to try that online store. I went in today looking for crystalwort too, and the lady that orders their plants didn't even know what it was.

Riccia fluitans is what you're looking for this time. Generally only called riccia.