PDA

View Full Version : amano shrimp.....EGGS!!!!!

squirt_12
09-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Ok well a today i was looking at my tank and my shrimp when i noticed that my amano shrimp had eggs...carrying them. Now if i am not misunderstood....that amano shrimp need brackinsh water for their eggs to hatch...correct????
So well should i just put the shrimp in a container for now and wait or what??? because i don't have any salt.
Would their be an alternative for these eggs to hatch and survive????

squirt_12
09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
ok now i think that this is really really weird...becasue first my snails lay eggs....then my swordtails have fry...and now my amano shrimp have eggs. OMG what is going to happen next????:hmm3grin2orange:

squirt_12
09-16-2007, 06:41 PM
ok so now my amano shrimp that has the eggs......well she is now starting to eat them. i don't know why but it is sorta making me mad. There is planty of food in the tank so i don't know why she is eating them!!??:confused:

squirt_12
09-16-2007, 11:19 PM
scratch this idea becasue well it takes about 6 weeks for the eggs on the female to become fully grown and fertile and well it takes another 30 for the zoes in salt water to fully develope so i think that i am going to just scratch that idea and just leave them in the freshwater.

zackish
09-17-2007, 12:38 AM
You gotta lotta stuff goin on now man, between your bettas and this and stuff. I wish I was as fortunate as you to have some action, however, it would be really nice now if my damn algae in my tank would go away.
It's black beard algae and I just got my Co2 working again this weekend so hopefully it starts to deteriorate. I am going to get another oto this weekend and some shrimp as I have a good amount of green algae growing on my driftwood too.

squirt_12
09-17-2007, 12:54 AM
yeah well thats not all of it....about 2-4 days ago i had a batch of swordtails born...sadly i only got there intime to save 2 (the mama ate the rest) and the same day and the day after...i have foud 5 bunches of snail eggs. So i have no idea what is going to be next. Maybe my glowlights will spawn????(unlikly but hey u never know)

squirt_12
09-19-2007, 07:57 PM
ok well does anybody know what the amano shrimp "zoes" look like?????? because well i have 2 females full of eggs and their eggs are starting to disappear so i was wondering if i have some "zoes" (baby shrimp) yet.???

YaYgoldFish
09-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Squirt try not to post more than once at a time. Just edit your posts.

squirt_12
09-19-2007, 09:51 PM
ok....sorry about that.

Dave66
09-24-2007, 07:15 AM
ok well does anybody know what the amano shrimp "zoes" look like?????? because well i have 2 females full of eggs and their eggs are starting to disappear so i was wondering if i have some "zoes" (baby shrimp) yet.???

http://www.petshrimp.com/amanoshrimp.html
scroll down for your answers :)

Dave

squirt_12
09-24-2007, 07:08 PM
thanks Dave so much.

Curtis

Nikita706
09-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Wow, I love my Amano Shrimp! But the idea of them laying eggs never occurred to me...the same way my mollies having babies never occurred to me, lol. Anyway, best of luck with whatever you decide to do with the eggs!

squirt_12
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Well they don't exactly 'lay' the eggs. They carry them. Like the female always have the eggs there but they are just hidden unti l they are ready.
(well i got thay from a website so it may be wrong) so Nikita if your amanos have atleast 1 male and 1 female in the tank then you are prone to have eggs but...you need saltwater for the zoes to grow up in. lol.

Nikita706
09-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Good, cause after I read your post, I started kind of worrying that I might end up with a few extra Amanos, but we definitely don't have any salt in our tank, so I think we're good, lol.

squirt_12
09-24-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah well i mean like marine salt (as in the ocean) for the 'zoes' to develope into shrimp. lol. So you wont get any in fresh water.