PDA

View Full Version : golden wonder killie

cocoa_pleco
09-16-2007, 01:28 AM
lol, alizee, i remember you asked me for a pic of the killie a while ago, and he was hard to get a picture of, but i got a half good one. hes not a picky eater, he eats flakes, pellets, like crickets, algae disks (when they fall he dives and snatches one), and basically anything.

tropfish
09-16-2007, 01:40 PM
cool. what tank do you have him in? they have golden wonders at my lfs.

Lady Hobbs
09-16-2007, 01:42 PM
I had one of these but he got swim bladder due to my blasting away my power head. He had one fish he didn't like and would chase him all over the place. All others in the tank he was fine with and I don't know why he singled out this one fish to hate so much.

cocoa_pleco
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
hes in the 55g. i originally had 2 but his friend got MIA 3 months ago. i have lots of floating brush (cabomba, java fern, some kinda val) for him, but he prefers being in the open. he will also eat a live cricket whole like a pelican eats a fish.

tropfish
09-16-2007, 04:45 PM
they can be kept in realtively small tank tho can't they?

cocoa_pleco
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
yep, around a 5.5g, but its like keeping a betta in a bowl, it can survive but the bigger the better

tropfish
09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
ok thanks for the info cocoa!

stunner
09-20-2007, 09:27 PM
That's the exact same one that I have...quite a nutty little fish. Whenever I feed him freeze dried bloodworms (I feed them with a pair of tweezers so I can pick them out of the can and drop them in), he will often jump out of the water (about 2 inches) and take the worm straight from the tweezers; it's pretty awesome. He used to run off with entire shrimp pellets that he couldn't even swallow but now I feed the cories at night, so that's not a problem. Great fish though!

cocoa_pleco
09-20-2007, 09:55 PM
lol, mines a retard. i have LOTS of brush (my 55g has its whole top covered in cabomba and other plants), and he will randomly flip out and attack the plants for some reason

country_boy454
09-21-2007, 12:25 AM
We are thinking about investing in some killies. We haven't really paid much attention to our not so local fs if they have them. I have been looking on aquabid.com and have found a few listings for getting eggs. What are your thoughts on these. Think it's worth a try?

cocoa_pleco
09-21-2007, 12:30 AM
i would look for a actual adult one. theyre very peaceful and easy to feed

stunner
09-22-2007, 02:39 PM
haha cocoa_pleco, don't worry, mine's kind of dumb too. I was transferring him to a bucket when I was draining the tank, and when I went to catch the cory's to put them in, he jumped ship and landed on the carpet with a thump. Once all the fish were in the bucket and I put a board over it, I could still here him jumping and hitting the board.