PDA

View Full Version : black moor

cocoa_pleco
09-15-2007, 10:47 PM
i bought a black telescope moor goldfish. ive wanted to ditch my peacocks and zebras for a while since they are no fun to watch, they just sit at the top for food. i found someone who might take them again so their tank is a goldfish tank. im gonna go with the black moor and buy another goldfish, but would a goldfish eat white clouds? and i know the rule is 30g for 2 goldfish, but the tank is a 30g hex with a canister filter for 220G, so could i get away with 3 goldfish and 20 white clouds?

Dave66
09-15-2007, 10:56 PM
The goldfish will eat the white clouds when they get large enough.

Dave

Drumachine09
09-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Your tank isnt big enough for 2 goldfish, let alone 20 white clouds on top of that.

What is the name/brand/model # of your filter?

Rue
09-15-2007, 11:21 PM
...no white clouds...

...but you can have 2-3 small goldfish for quite a while in there...at some point they'll need larger...but likely not for a couple of years...

Goldfish definately need company, so 2 or 3 will be nice...

cocoa_pleco
09-15-2007, 11:33 PM
no prob. i cant remember the model, but its the RESUN canister for 220 gallons. has about 6 media baskets, and ive got 2 sponges, 1 bioball slot filled, and 3 ceramic ring slots. amazing filter, actually can handle a 300g to itself. and the output breaks the surface perfectly for aeration

and i for sure can get a larger tank for them eventually, like a 75g to themselves. thanks for the answer! no white clouds it is. figured the goldfish would be too slow to eat them