PDA

View Full Version : Yo, everybody!

Kentobu
07-28-2012, 05:09 AM
Hey guys! I'm going to be honest... I don't yet have an aquarium, but I've been plannign one for quite some time now. THe family had a tank ages ago and I recently decided that keeppign aquariums seemed like a fun and rewarding hobby. Once I get a job and some money, I'll be starting my first aquarium up!

Lady Hobbs
07-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Good to start pricing tanks, equipment and researching what kind of fish you'd like to have and what their needs are first rather than when it's too late.

Welcome to the forum.

Cyberra
07-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Welcome to the community. Just be aware... Most people in this hobby are afflicted by a dreadful and incurable bug... we call it Multiple Tank Syndrome. Its chief symptom is a desire for more and more, and bigger, tanks.

Kentobu
07-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Haha, tell me about it! I don't even have one yet and I want more than one. XD

Yeah, I've actually been researching quite a bit. To be honest I was listening to the under the sea radio program and they said "Moray Eel pet". I wanted one, but there's this thing called reality that sets in. I'm definitely not prepared for that, ya know?

So, I decided I'd start simple with a smaller freshwater tank like we used to have. Only problems I've had are picking fish, and of course, lack of funds at the moment.

DylanisHawttt
07-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Welcome to the forum :22:

Crispy
07-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Welcome to the forum! :22: your research will definitely pay off and you'll enjoy the hobby much more. kudos.

Cyberra
07-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Haha, tell me about it! I don't even have one yet and I want more than one. XD

Yeah, I've actually been researching quite a bit. To be honest I was listening to the under the sea radio program and they said "Moray Eel pet". I wanted one, but there's this thing called reality that sets in. I'm definitely not prepared for that, ya know?

So, I decided I'd start simple with a smaller freshwater tank like we used to have. Only problems I've had are picking fish, and of course, lack of funds at the moment.
Yup, Multiple Tank Syndrome can become Empty Wallet Syndrome if you're not careful

Just don't ask me for stocking advice XD I'm the resident Betta Splendens enthusiast

Old Marine
07-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the Family!

gadget228
07-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the AC... :22: