PDA

View Full Version : Best Goldfish Food

jonnyo77
07-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to get everyone's opinions on the best type of food to feed my two 2-3" Comet Goldfish.

I've heard that it is best to feed a nice varied diet. I include freeze dried bloodworm (once per week), thawed deshelled frozen green peas (once per week), but for the other 5 days I wanted to know what is better, flake, sinking pellets or floating pellets? and whether to soak or not, how long? and if anyone has any prefered brands.

I've heard that Hikari and New Life Spectrum goldfish pellets are good, if so good, what is the better of the two?

Tiari
07-15-2012, 11:05 PM
New Life Spectrum, Hikari, and Omega one. I also feed them Omega one kelp pellets, they LOVE those. They will also happily chow on freeze dried seaweed sheets, brine shrimp and tubiflex worms. If you are REALLY adventurous, you can gain flightless fruit-flies in the reptile section of the pet store and give them a sprinkling on the surface of the water. Sheer delight.

Fishguy2727
07-16-2012, 01:48 AM
I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum. IME it is by far the best stuff on the market right now and the fish do best when it is the only thing fed. This is what I feed and they do not even need peas or anything else.

Lady Hobbs
07-16-2012, 03:10 AM
I hope you know that Comets are generally always for ponds due to the size they grow?