PDA

View Full Version : 45 DNR fry

ksl0077
07-14-2012, 04:55 AM
I have been maintain a separate 10g for these DNR fry. They are 45. They are feeding on Brine Shrimp babies that i hatch every other day. Almost all of my fry are looking quite fat. I am over feeding them. Luckily I have not lost anything. They are a month old and quite healthy. I just added a bowl with 1 small plant in the tank as I am tired of looking at the bare tank. Surprisingly these guys feed on all the shrimps including the ones lying at the bottom of the tank. They keep the tank very clean with two snails doing the extra cleaning job. Water is pretty stable and I do 25% water changes in every 2-3 days. I do not mix water from my big tank.

I am otherwise very new to this hobby (4 mo), but things looking good. Do I need to worry about my 10g getting too small too soon. How much time do I have before I have to think about bigger. My LFS asked me to bring them to get the store credit. They give me $5 while they sell them for $15 each. These rainbows are bought from the same store.

Any suggestions?

Old Marine
07-15-2012, 01:54 PM
I would take the $5 store credit as soon as he will give it to you and get rid of the fry, 10 gallon tank will not support that many fish for long, You will end up like me, I have a 75 gallon show tank with Mbuna African chiclids, and a 75 gallon grow out tank, with 4-10 gallon tanks for Maternity tanks and i am still runnunig out of Tanks:18:

Lady10Godiva
07-15-2012, 05:37 PM
If they will really give you $5 each while they are this small go for it. That is $220 in credit. That would buy some nice new supplies.